just got 2 15 L7s now i need an amp

They don't list it in the specs, but in the manual it says only to use 750w in a ported enclosure.

They haven't updated the specs since the L7's came out, tho, 1000w+ is fine for either enclosure.

----Buuuuuut, that's where the 750 number came from, so it's really a cat's came.

it's just the last few times that argument came up, people went NUTS, man, it was a real bad scene, people take themselves too seriously i guess

I'm not touching that debate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"depends on what your looking for , but motor/cone ratio, most do comp for the L7 10" or 12"..they can put up good numbers, but with space/power the L7 12" may be a better option.

Tracy"

That's Polecat, friends. the 15's don't do SPL

bite me, ********

I know that and was assuming you were talking about there audible and not spl... thats why I said audible vs. actual. And if they use the same motor structure why do the 12s handle less power then 15s. And SPL is sound pressure level, the more air you can move the more pressure. 15s almost always have a advantage. Also, what do you mean they haven't updated the info for the new L7. I was just looking at the 06 manual here If you look on page three it lists the power handling for the ported box.

It really sounds like your trying to present opinions as fact, thats why I have been posting numbers and facts from multiple sources for my posts... Also others have thought you were wrong... HotCarl was the one that said your post was so stupid it was quote worthy why don't you start **** with him to cause he obviously doesn't know anything.... Not like you can look at his box he built to pretty much the same specs I told talon to use and the box is CRAZY. But you go ahead and keep on using 10s for SPL.. Hopefully me and you compete against each other someday.

almost always have a advantage
and kicker has listed 1000w rms sealed and 750rms ported since back to the 2002 model year at LEAST, i never owned an l7 prior to that model, so i couldn't say

the 2006L5 is the 2004 L7, so in this model change alone, power handling has increased a great deal for the L7, and listed power handling didn't change, and neither has it before now

as for power handling differences between the 12's and the 15's, i couldn't tell you for sure, maybe at one point they used different motors, or maybe it's because they needed to justify the price

once again posting what you have heard, or gathered, or "figured out" for yourself... wheres your facts you can post? Also, what are you trying to say.. the first line of your post, the L7 hasnt changed seance it was made, the second line it changed alot? What the hell is that? Repost, when you have somethign usefull and not jiberish.

once again posting what you have heard, or gathered, or "figured out" for yourself... wheres your facts you can post? Also, what are you trying to say.. the first line of your post, the L7 hasnt changed seance it was made, the second line it changed alot? What the hell is that? Repost, when you have somethign usefull and not jiberish.

holy ****, man, you gotta read my entire post

the published SPECIFICATIONS for the speaker HAVE NOT CHANGED

the SPEAKER ITSELF has changed dramatically over the years

i HAVE NO IDEA WHY kicker hasn't updated the specs

i can't make it any easier to understand for you, darkfox

I POSTED THE LINK FOR THE MANUAL ON THE NEW SUBS!!!! ALSO IF YOU GO TO THERE HOME PAGE @ http://www.kicker.com YOU CAN GO TO THERE SUPPORT TAB AND LOOK AT THE TECH SPECS WHICH ARE DIFFERNT FOR EVERY MODEL AND YEAR. O2 Kicker L7 Manual here, O4 Kicker L7 Manual here, O6 Kicker L7 Manual here Now theres three different Published specifications for the L7 Manual, covering when they were released in 02, through the 04 model year, and the newest 06 models. This is what I am talking about... You are making no seance, and I am linking you the info to prove what I am saying. Please, stop trying to convince me I am wrong...

Hmm, you're right, the literature changed.

I'm confused now, tho, cause look at this thread (you can look it up, it's real)

First thing that catches my eye is that it takes polecat almost 6 months to answer this poor guy's qustion. But secondly, the question's clearly in reference to a 2002 model year speaker.

newtwo5pu.jpg

new5wc1.jpg

So i picked a bad example by using the literature, i don't know what's going on there. Perhaps 2002 and 2004 model manuals are incorrect, or the 'max' input rating was meant to be rms.

hey talon, little off topic but never got a chance to show you this. Here is the winISD plot for those plans I sent you
two15inchl74la.jpg

Hope it works out for you. Should be loud!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif winsid graphs mean absolutely nothing, id run 1 zx2500.1 to each if you can afford it if not then 1 for both will do

chit.. you would run 1750W OVER RMS? I see your on team kicker... for everyone else that pays around $450 a sub that might not be such a good idea... IMO you cant say that WinISD means nothing. It wont tell you what SPL you will hit at a comp, but if done right it should give you an idea of the sound curve of your box desighn. If the curve looks like absolute garbage, its not gonna sound good. If it looks like this one does, it seems to fit the concenses on what people who have built VERY similar boxes have said about there response range and loudness. Unless you belive it to just be coincidence, I belive I did something right in WinISD and that he should have good results. Not saying that you guys at Team kicker havent come up wtih something crazy to do with these subs that is alot louder... But for us not Sponsered X 3..... I think its ok.

As long as you have a warranty, it shouldn't really bother you to run whatever you want. It's like 10 bucks to send them back to kicker and get them fixed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

talon2nr7588

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
talon2nr7588
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date