just finshed my new false floor and repainted my box

saber
10+ year member

tell me what you think, i got another amp form a buddy of mine. for a good deal FREE!!(installed his new amp and cdplayer. ) ,so i redesinged my false floor to fit it in there.and i repainted my box because I just dint like the color of it,the old color just didnt show off the curves of the box well enough so i repainted it with the same paint i did my kicks my kicks in.

202730_63_full.jpg

202730_55_full.jpg

202730_56_full.jpg

more pics are on my page. what do you think?

------------------

Funny quote: "Fat girls are like skooters, they're fun to ride until your friends see you with them."

-The Pest

check out my site. http://members.sounddomain.com/lesaber88

that looks extreamly nice. Very clean install there. I love the way you did the plexi glass flames. it looks awesome. i wish i had a car nice enough to do something like that too.

i used cardbord to make a templet of my trunk the traced it on to 1/2 inch mdf then

i use scrap wood to make stilts so the the weight of the false floor and what ever may be on top of it isnt placed on the amps. the floor is made of two peices so i can get it in and out of the trunk. heres a pic of the back of the floor
202730_65_full.jpg

How did you make the curved cuts in your plexi, with a jig-saw or scroll saw? Oh, where did you get the thicker plexi, all I can find around here is like 1/8 to 3/16ths? Otherwise nice install.

Originally posted by bootleg How did you make the curved cuts in your plexi, with a jig-saw or scroll saw? Oh, where did you get the thicker plexi, all I can find around here is like 1/8 to 3/16ths? Otherwise nice install.
I used a drimel with a spiral cutting blade ,and I got the plixe from home depot its 1/4 inch. and thanks !

i hate Audiobahns, so if you were to ask me what i thought about the install, my reply would be: It looks killer, clean, nice cuts in the plexi, i like the Cameleon paint over the plexi, amps are positioned nicelty.... but you only get a 9 out of 10 cause of the subs :p

I'm curious if using a false-floor effects performance of the amp. How would the amp dissipate heat if its closed in like that. Anybody see any problems with that?

P.S. Great looking install.

Saber, do you know anyboby with a Reg Cab Ranger??? I really want a fiberglassing done for 2 10s, but I have already got a fiberglass enclosure on the passengers side and it cost way too much...I am about to sell the truck, and get another Ranger and I was wondering if you could make a fiberglass enclosure, for my ass...and how much would you charge??? Thanks man...it looks like you do a helluva job, so I was just wondering...

I'm curious if using a false-floor effects performance of the amp. How would the amp dissipate heat if its closed in like that. Anybody see any problems with that?
so far i have had no problems ,even with the crapy little amp the is hidden under the floor still no problems. but if i ever did run in to over heating problems i would just add a few fans too keep thing cool.

i hate Audiobahns, so if you were to ask me what i thought about the install, my reply would be: It looks killer, clean, nice cuts in the plexi, i like the Cameleon paint over the plexi, amps are positioned nicelty.... but you only get a 9 out of 10 cause of the subs
ya im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's

o-yeah! and thanks for all the replys

Originally posted by saber

so far i have had no problems ,even with the crapy little amp the is hidden under the floor still no problems. but if i ever did run in to over heating problems i would just add a few fans too keep thing cool.

ya im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's

o-yeah! and thanks for all the replys

Elemental Designs is the way to go...you'll like them twice as much as MA Audio...

im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's
Exactly my thoughts, the other problem i have with Audiobahns is you pay 300.00 for a titanium sub and according to specs its comething like 1000 Watts RMS. Try putting a thousand to that sub and count how many hours it takes to blow it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Second problem is that the bass reproduction is probably the sloppiest i have ever heard on a sub with the exception of alot of off-brand and low end subs. Cosmetically (like you said) they are nice, and they hit hard for the buck! But they are so over rated and so many people have them it makes me want to puke lol it looks like your taking a better approach to it though... never the less. . . the install is bad ass

Originally posted by RangerMan Saber, do you know anyboby with a Reg Cab Ranger??? I really want a fiberglassing done for 2 10s, but I have already got a fiberglass enclosure on the passengers side and it cost way too much...I am about to sell the truck, and get another Ranger and I was wondering if you could make a fiberglass enclosure, for my ass...and how much would you charge??? Thanks man...it looks like you do a helluva job, so I was just wondering...

sorry but no one I know has a ranger,plus im still kind of new at this and still experimenting, so I just wouldn't fell right charging someone for work that im not sure of .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.