Just bought an electric car and now i want amps and subs!!

You don't need batteries or a secondary electrical... the car already has a 12v system.... this system runs all the electronics in your car (your current radio, AC, lights, ect) This is NO DIFFERENT than your regular car. People have been putting systems in Tesla's for three years now.

Rockford just came out with their individual 100rms amps that looked stupid cool and because of the new design they draw an average over more time and output when needed

They could work super well in something like this

who's bashing him,boomin? I'm stating its a bad idea, because it is lol

Si. Agreed. Nobody here has any exp with electric cars. Expensive, not enough charging stations....etc.

Your better off joining the electric car forum anyway then post your question there.

You do know that electric cars are slightly more efficient than gas right
Yup. And still expensive. I recall Obama trying to push Americans to buy a 40K car....thought that chit was funny. Even tho some of us cannot afford them.

There isn't enough charging stations here to have electric cars. I think maybe a few but that's it. Not worth it around here anyway.

Yup. And still expensive. I recall Obama trying to push Americans to buy a 40K car....thought that chit was funny. Even tho some of us cannot afford them.
There isn't enough charging stations here to have electric cars. I think maybe a few but that's it. Not worth it around here anyway.
supply and demand. they have plenty of cars that can run on 98. but they don't have it. hell now they have engines that will literately run on anything. water, hydrogen,peroxide alot more efficiently.

Figuring the average price of a new car is 33k and you get around a 7k rebate for an electric car... I would say 40 grand is spot on the ideal price for a new electric car. They are future whether you like it or not and the industry will begin to boom in the next decade.

Figuring the average price of a new car is 33k and you get around a 7k rebate for an electric car... I would say 40 grand is spot on the ideal price for a new electric car. They are future whether you like it or not and the industry will begin to boom in the next decade.
mpcharge? rate of charge? Doubt I will be impressed enough to purchase one.

I can't speak to any of that. I am sure over time it will improve as with anything. A few years ago it took hours to charge your phone, now I can have my iPhone from dead to 70% in 30 minutes. I have read Tesla has special stations that you can be ready to go with full range in under 10 minutes. I know on some gas pumps it seems to take about 10 minutes to fill up my truck. However, most people rarely take long trips so charging at home is most beneficial. With a range over 300 now, you have a pretty large area to find a station.

With that being said... I don't see my self buying one until I am forced to. I love the sound of a V8 too much.

it only takes 30 min to charge and i get 100 miles. the tesla gets 200. I'm in california so theres charging station everywhere. The reason why i bought it was my company provides free charging station at work and the rebate is $10k in California. My second vehicle is a range rover that drinks 91 gas like no tomorrow. So this was a wise decision for me

Holy shit you guys know nothing about this subject. As was stated by the one person who does. There is a secondary 12v system in the E-Golf that covers the general 12v products in the car. You will find the 12v battery under the hood just like any other vehicle. There is a dc-dc converter that makes sure this battery gets charged. There is nothing out of the ordinary when adding audio to one of these vehicles as also stated just avoid the orange wires. Otherwise treat this like any normal car.

Do you own an electric car?

As I said, not everybody has the $$ to just go out and buy an electric car. Around me buying one would be pointless as there's NO charging stations and not enough. Not sure if that's gonna change or not since the state is on a tight budget. You say a 7k rebate for an electric car. What's the catch? Do you get it back at once or around tax return time? Do people have to jump thru hoops and climb ladders to get this rebate?

I don't forsee them coming out more in the upcoming years. Maybe in some areas but not as much as you say/think they are. Way too many gasoline vehicles out there on the road and more keep getting built.

I can tell ya what more I've been seeing on Tv/commercials than anything else: a car that drives itself. Along with parking. How much $$ are they spending coming up with this technology!?!

I can see cars getting "smarter" as technology changes. There's already a sensor in a car for everything. Now touchscreens, bluetooth, handsfree everything, etc.

mpcharge? rate of charge? Doubt I will be impressed enough to purchase one.
i think our best option is this. natural gas power genorator with a huge cap bank and some AC motors.. not quite as toque down but alot more efficient. the generator can be smaller than the total output of the electrical motor and the lightweight cap bank will smooth ripple and greatly boost efficiency PLUS breaking and coasting can regen..

You say a 7k rebate for an electric car. What's the catch? Do you get it back at once or around tax return time? Do people have to jump thru hoops and climb ladders to get this rebate?
They're basically tax deductions. You have to have a tax liability high enough to cover it, or you don't get the full amount. Although in all honestly, the only people buying electric cars all are going to have enough tax liability to max them out. And if you lease, you may or may not get the deduction, the lease company can claim it instead.

Electric Vehicle Tax Credits: What You Need To Know | Edmunds.com

FWIW A ~100 mile range would work alright for the wife to commute to and from work, ~200 would cover most of our uses, but we do a lot of long trips, so we'd still need an ICE. I'm not doing 45 minute + "fuel" stops every 300 miles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.