JP23 or ?

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
I am getting ready to build my mids and highs amp rack which will hold my RF Punch 500x2 and 400x4. I don't see a Punch mono amp that fits my future wants/needs. I still want to run two 10" subs but may go with Sundown SA v.2 series. I see the JP23 as a viable option for power and price. I will be at 1ohm no matter what on the 10's so is there anything as good power/price wise as the JP23? Goal is $350 or less and 2Kw rms @ 1ohm.

Cab-22 all day over that JP. Even with the 2 year warranty on it is 319.99.

Cab-22 all day over that JP. Even with the 2 year warranty on it is 319.99.

I do like that. Good price too.

I have one now and loved it when it was installed. Dyno testing puts it at around 2500 at 1 ohms certified iirc. I want the big brother to it the Cab-45 to replace this SIA 3.5K I am running which I am just not impressed with all around. Yeah they suit a purpose but I'd rather have that half bridge or Korean setup. Cab uses the same build house as Sundown does and works with them daily since they are right next door to them. So Sundown has helped them with their Cab line.

I have one now and loved it when it was installed. Dyno testing puts it at around 2500 at 1 ohms certified iirc. I want the big brother to it the Cab-45 to replace this SIA 3.5K I am running which I am just not impressed with all around. Yeah they suit a purpose but I'd rather have that half bridge or Korean setup. Cab uses the same build house as Sundown does and works with them daily since they are right next door to them. So Sundown has helped them with their Cab line.
I am pretty gentle on amps so me running two 10's at 1 ohm on that the way I play music 90% of the time should have that amp lasting for decades. I could still run my P3's for a bit till I upgrade.

If it is between the CAB-22 and the JP23, I'd pick the CAB-22. I like the tiffany style RCAs over the standard RCAs on the JP23 and I also like the way the internals look on the CAB-22 over the JP23's internals.

That JP from the photos I've seen inside is just the upgraded version of the Skarbage RP 2000 amplifier which we all know is bleh. Even Big D thought so as well when he compared the two side by side.

Thoughts on the Sundown SFB 2000D?

Look at the SIA2500. Steer clear of the SFB's. You know that JP isn't going to het any love in here. You might as well have said SKAR. People are so dumb. Like JP would rebadga a SKAR amp. People are just jealous that he makes 10+ million a year selling Car Audio. He's not going to put his name on a garbage product.

Look at the SIA2500. Steer clear of the SFB's. You know that JP isn't going to het any love in here. You might as well have said SKAR. People are so dumb. Like JP would rebadga a SKAR amp. People are just jealous that he makes 10+ million a year selling Car Audio. He's not going to put his name on a garbage product.
Both are Full Bridge... Why get one over the other?

Both are Full Bridge... Why get one over the other?

The SFB line had some problems and those got straightened out in the SIA line. Also parts of the board are Korean. My guy at Down 4 Sound to me that the SIA board is pretty much a shrunken down SALT board. Some people say that the SIA is the best full bridge amp built.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...