Jmac, a little port help please....

Participant count
  • Participant list

ridered36
10+ year member

Dont bufu rabid squirrels
I was wondering if you can tell me the port length, width and height i will need for 32hz for a slot port. The boxes external dimensions are: Height-14", Width-23.5", and Depth-23.5". The sub is a 12" XXX. If you need anymore info let me know.

And when i build the slot port, it goes in the shape of a "L" correct, or is it just straight back.

Thanks for the help.

It does not have to be in the shape of an L....thats just if you run out of room....anyways you can make the port an infinite number of size in width and height, ...i did a general one for you with a 12"*2" slot, its going to run you about 13.53" in length (those are all inside demensions. I got your box volume to be 3.5 less 0.1 for the driver (thats a guess, what exactly is the driver displament?) unless that is way off for driver displacment(which i doubt) thats going to tune you right around 32 hz.

i assumed you have me outside demensions, but those are inside? if thats the case (12*23.5*23.5)/1728 is 4.47 cubic feet...... less the 0.1, I will use 4.37 for the port calculation. we can keep the 12*2 opening and the length changes to......9.41 inches

Originally posted by evo2k3 i assumed you have me outside demensions, but those are inside? if thats the case (12*23.5*23.5)/1728 is 4.47 cubic feet...... less the 0.1, I will use 4.37 for the port calculation. we can keep the 12*2 opening and the length changes to......9.41 inches
OK lets go, 14*23.5*23.5-external dimensions, minus .2 for the driver. That should give me roughly 4 cubic feet after all is said and done.

i doubt that a xxx is 0.2 cubic feet -- my 12w7 is only 0.09 -- dont think it is that much smaller. anyways you shouldn't be guessing, look it up in your manual or online and tell me what it exactly is --if those are external demensions and you used 3/4" mdf, you only have 3.5 cubes inside, less the 0.1 for the driver, leaving 3.4 before the port--so the length becomes 13.53 inches.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.