midbass/midrange

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isuzu95
10+ year member

I'm looking for midbass. I have 2 set of 5-1/4 Clarion componenets and 3 12" Rockford Fosgate subs in a sealed custom enclosure, and the setup is in my Isuzu Rodeo.

What I want is either 6-1/2 components or 8" subs for midrange/midbass, but I'm not sure what to get... people are telling me that my 12" subs will drown out the bass on the 8" subs if I get them... what to do?

And my 12" subs are crossed over at 50hz, so won't 8" subs be perfect to balance out the gap between the components and the 12" subs?

different subs can sound good at different frequencies. Look for some 8" that have a higher frequency like up to 1-2 kHz

Originally posted by SPLThunder different subs can sound good at different frequencies. Look for some 8" that have a higher frequency like up to 1-2 kHz
really?... never thought of that... i wanted the fosgate punch 8" subs... what do you think of those?... or any other suggestions?... or is it just better to go eith 6-1/2" components?

well if they go high enough in frequency i would always rather have a larger woofer.

the coolest would be some 8" in the rear and 6.5" components with tweeters in the front. you would get full range for sure that way

Originally posted by SPLThunder well if they go high enough in frequency i would always rather have a larger woofer.

the coolest would be some 8" in the rear and 6.5" components with tweeters in the front. you would get full range for sure that way
its funny you say that because someone else suggested that as well... the reason why I never really considered it because I thought that I wouldn't get much punch bass in the front by putting the 8's in the back....

I would definitly go with this setup if it will give me a full range, so any other ideas or you think that would work best?

And how much power should my amp be pushing...

say I get a fosgate 300x 4 channel amp... to push infinity 605cs or fosgate FNX 6-1/2... and for 2 8" fosgate punch subs? You think thats good?

Originally posted by Isuzu95 its funny you say that because someone else suggested that as well... the reason why I never really considered it because I thought that I wouldn't get much punch bass in the front by putting the 8's in the back....

I would definitly go with this setup if it will give me a full range, so any other ideas or you think that would work best?

And how much power should my amp be pushing...

say I get a fosgate 300x 4 channel amp... to push infinity 605cs or fosgate FNX 6-1/2... and for 2 8" fosgate punch subs? You think thats good?
Hmm, I don't know if a punch series would be able to handle that kind of load...

Well, if you can get the wiring to total no less than 2 ohms stereo, should be too much of a problem... but then, if you want the 8's to hit, then maybe a separate dedicated amp, perhaps?

Or you could get a 2channel and wire it into a 3channel configuration...

Originally posted by Primetime Would putting a nice pair of 8's in the rear mess up the sound stage and imageing and stuff?

D
I wouldn't think so because, firstly I would mount them in the rear doors, then plit the rear speaker (RCA) connection to run the 8's along with the rear components..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.