JL Sub + Kicker amp.. Good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Atreyix

Hey all, new to the form, and somewhat new too car audio.

I'm looking to put in a sub in my car, I was looking around and I found a JL Sub/Enclosure combo, And I also found a Amp. Links are below. Would this be a good combo?

AMP: Right here

Subwoofer: RIGHT HERE

I already have a wiring kit installed.

OTHERWISE: I was thinking on getting THESE MTX subs, But would only be able to get a THIS Boss amp.

My budget is about $200, and I'm just looking too add some bass.

no...

dont use prefab junk box.

if you looking for cheap but good, look at the soundqbed subs. there very good.

also look at there amps.

no boss amps.

but for only 200 total, your not going to find good for that cheap.

HDS212

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38335_Precision-Power-PPI-P1000.1.html

and some wood to make a box.

its over your $200 but this will get you good.

or look on here for a used amp.

if you get that sub, look for a mono 700/800 rms amp at 1 ohm.

as for the sub if you want to run at 1 ohm you need the d2 sub.

If I may.

OP your selection isn't terrible and you won't find much else for just 200 bucks. I say go ahead and get your feet wet on a bit of mainstream equipment with a prefab box. If you get the itch and really get into this hobby there will be much to learn but for now, to add some low end to your existing setup the Kicker and JL isn't a bad choice. I do agree though that I'd lean toward this over a cheap JL if you've got any budget flexibility at all.

HDS200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.