Jl 10tw3-d4 6th order box

Participant count
  • Participants list

Reklesone

CarAudio.com Newbie
Is this even possible?

I cant seem to find much on whether this would be a decent setup for a small footprint. Ideally I'd like to set this up in my exta cab ranger. I was thinking that since it is a shallow mount sub the volume for the front and rear port would be smaller?

Any and all info would be great thanks

A 6th order won’t really be a small footprint no matter what sub is used. I like 6th orders and use them often, but they can’t beat a good sealed box with a proper sub in terms of footprint. This is one i did for a 6.5 inch sub. About the same as a single sealed 12 would be. .5 cubes 35 Hz and .3 @ 64 HZ if I remember correctly.
9316CB51-DF2B-45AD-BA23-5803B0DFD26F.jpeg

A 6th order won’t really be a small footprint no matter what sub is used. I like 6th orders and use them often, but they can’t beat a good sealed box with a proper sub in terms of footprint. This is one i did for a 6.5 inch sub. About the same as a single sealed 12 would be. .5 cubes 35 Hz and .3 @ 64 HZ if I remember correctly.
View attachment 47144
Great looking enclosure, do you have a write up on it?

why? It is what I have on hand. Just recently got back into car audio and it's my new kick so I'm sure the more research I put in I can dial it in as to what I really want for each of my cars🤦‍♂️
Someone here tried that same style enclosure but with a 13tw5. It made an odd noise as if damaged, so they gave up and sold the sub here.

Great looking enclosure, do you have a write up on it?
I’d have to go through my rats nest stack of paper blueprints. I haven’t switched to digital prints yet. Ive thought about trying a shallow mount 6th order for a single cab truck, since the seat is pushed right against the sub with a normal box, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Someone here tried that same style enclosure but with a 13tw5. It made an odd noise as if damaged, so they gave up and sold the sub here.
I wonder why I know nothing about audio and am slowly trying to understand. Would it be because of the short distance a shallow subwoofers cone or voice coil moves compared to a longer stroke full size sub?

I wonder why I know nothing about audio and am slowly trying to understand. Would it be because of the short distance a shallow subwoofers cone or voice coil moves compared to a longer stroke full size sub?
No clue. A few here tried to help solve the issue without luck. JL does not reccommend ported for that sub.

why? It is what I have on hand. Just recently got back into car audio and it's my new kick so I'm sure the more research I put in I can dial it in as to what I really want for each of my cars🤦‍♂️

High QTS. JL doesn't list xmech, but I'm sure xmech isn't very deep since it's a shallow mount sub. It's a sub designed for a sealed enclosure. I suspect the reason the other poster mentioned had issues with his 13tw in a bandpass is because of issues exceeding xmax and pushing up against or past xmech.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...