I've developed noise through my speakers & my head unit (IVA-W200) turns red. HELP!

I personally think its the headunit because it only makes the noise in the front speakers AND while its in CD mode. If its on radio, there is no noise with the front or back. After I start the truck, I get the sound of the CD starting and reading. Then after that noise goes aways, it fades into a constant humming/buzzing sound. Then when I switch the source to radio, it goes away. Keep in my, this is with the volume all the way down so that I can be sure of what I'm hearing.

Is there any reason that my last 2-3 threads haven't gotten any responses?

I know there are lots of experts on here, I just don't see why no one is pitching in help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Check to make sure the Rca's aren't pinched behind the dash from when you put the radio back in.

Are you using any sort of interface with the factory class 2 databus system, or did you just wire your own accessory and skip the databus system. I've had problems where the Interface would send noise through the speakers.

Also, check to make sure the radio ground connection didn't become compromised.

Is there any reason that my last 2-3 threads haven't gotten any responses?
I know there are lots of experts on here, I just don't see why no one is pitching in help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Advice has been given and you haven't taken it yet. Let us know what happens after you swap the RCAs at the head unit.

You seem to have your mind made up on what you think it is. There are only so many things you can check, so I don't know how much more advice you could possibly get. Persoanlly, I doubt it's the head unit. I went through this whole ordeal recently with my ride, and I've got a crapload of pieces in my system, so it took a long time to track down the culprit. It ended up being an RCA output on my 4-channel amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.