Is this sufficient electrical?

silver07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
It's a dodge charger, it has a stock 160 amp although, has 0 gauge cable running from alt to bat, added another ground to the battery, now need to add another from the engine block to chassis, and this battery

Super Start Extreme 49EXT - Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I will be running a kicker 750.1 zx class D amp, and a polk pa660.4 class ab amp. Kicker would be around 750 rms, the polk amp does around 60 rms from reviews I've read. Should be good right?

Great, just checking. Don't want to over tax the electrical. Had to replace the alt in my last car car and ran through like 3 batteries...

Generally if your going to be listening to music you can take and add up the amp rating on the fuses in you amps and divide by 2 and that will be your average draw on your system i believe kiver is 80total and polk is 50 so 80+50/2=65 amp current draw.

Generally if your going to be listening to music you can take and add up the amp rating on the fuses in you amps and divide by 2 and that will be your average draw on your system i believe kiver is 80total and polk is 50 so 80+50/2=65 amp current draw.
Where did you hear that?

I don't know where you heard that but stop repeating it please.

I ran 1200 on my subs and 300 on my doors with a standard group 27 battery and 100A stock alt that was 14+ years old without issue. You're golden.

EDIT: Ran at 1 ohm on the subs and 4 ohms on the doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a 3.5k amp on completely stock electrical. 60 amp alt... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

Voltage wasn't fantastic to say the least. Would not do that again.

i have a charger as well and i cant even handle 1500 watts rms without major voltage drop and i have a 160 alt as well. did the big 3 and have an extra bayttery as well.

my alt might be taking a crap tho. so for now untill i save some money up for ho alt i have my gains turned down

u forgot to say what ohm u were running 1200 at.
We've had this discussion. That does not matter.

1 ohm on an amp designed for 1 ohm is not more taxing on your electrical than a 2 ohm amp running at 2 ohms.

This myth really needs to die

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.