How to pick batteries?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok xs and kinetic make it simple when getting a battery. Bit others don't let you know. So what should I be looking when pairing a battery with my power output?
The more AH and A the better? But the higher you get, the bigger the battery becomes and more expensive.

Some times it is better to buy 2 and get a bit more than from a single battery (pricevise) but its takes up more space.

Cca and ah rating matter. Also one big battery is really not as good as multiple smaller batts if you have the room. I dont gdt why ppl dont know that but yeah.

With that said... there is something to be said for using multiple smaller batts vs a single larger one. As in... it's almost always more beneficial for the way we use batts to use multiple smaller ones. And these are just dandy*little batteries. You can tuck them any **** where, they're cheap and you can add as funds allow instead of having to drop $300 all at once for a G31.

These are a bit smaller than the venerable Odyssey*pc680, but in*case*you guys don't know... there used to be a class in dB Drag called "Street Max". It was basically an anything goes class but it was limited to a single 800 cubic inch battery in the stock location. B2 Audio set the world record in this class with an idiotic 166dB or so. Yeah... on a*single*battery. They ran (4) B2 M1mki amps from a single batt. It was a multi cell battery like their B2 "better battery" or the Cactus CS9000.

Why am I talking about all that nonsense? Because if you crack one of those multi cell batts open... you'd find (5) Odyssey*pc680.*

So yeah... a few of these little buggers can do work.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/616628-review-michaellanes-hawker-batts-2.html

Pure virgin lead also makes a difference. Another factor is the battery's internal resistance. A lower resistance will allow it to charge and recharge quicker, of I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I want to stack batts. I just don't know if the amount I'm thinking will do the trick. I got time to find my answers since I'm broke from just buy the 250 alt. I was hoping to get 4 lil one under the hood which I know I can fit. I had 2 wet batts under there just had to move the dry air canister . If needed I can stack more in the custom center console I have planned also. Makes me want to hook the re sx again to see how loud it gets now with the new alt.

So for 5k I should need how much cca and ah?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.