Is this set up dangerous?

XS-GTX110LW is the 10" sony xplod.... the 2 12"s are JL audio 12w3's... sony xplod xm-444w is the amp as far as i can tell.... thanks everyone i appreciate it

Um, maybe..haha I get almost 300 PMs a day..I may have deleted it some how with out reading it...PM me again. I do recall whats it about though.

**edit**

You have my cell number..just text lol
Forgot about that lol. I'll remember next time.

OP, I apologize for taking this thread off track.

Yea, I get a full box about twice a day or more. If you don't get a reply please PM me again or better yet add me as a friend and use the chat feature //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW- I apologize to both of you(and anyone else I may not get back to) for my inability to return all PMs in a timely manner.
No problem man, Will do.

XS-GTX110LW is the 10" sony xplod.... the 2 12"s are JL audio 12w3's... sony xplod xm-444w is the amp as far as i can tell.... thanks everyone i appreciate it
Just wondering.....how much you pay for the w3's? I assume they're the old version? Cause those are some nice subs imo. And if I remember correctly, they can take 300 a piece....

Craigslist had 2 10"visonics with enclosure+ the JL's for $80 i payed 40 and got the 12s w/out an enclosure and my friend payed 40 got the 10s with one... so 40. yeah it was a steal.

Also, whoever said that its gunna get laughed at, i know i dont have a sick setup or car. im a 17 yr old highschool kid, dont need to be a **** to me about if its a high dollar setup man. i bought what i could afford. i came here to ask for help cuz i dont know alot about this stuff, so sorry for thinking some people werent ********.

the w3v2s are pretty decent subs....i think u should upgrade the amp tho maybe the audio pipe apsm1300...only 100 bucks might be too much for the subs but who knows

Your amp is a 4 channel. You best bet is likely to run 2 subs on a bridged set of channels each. I'd definitely run the JLs before the sony. The 12W3 came in two impedances though. 2 ohm and 4 ohm. If they're 4 ohm, you can simply wire each to a bridged pair of channels and be good to go. If they're 2 ohm, it won't work as easily. Right now, the amp is the weakest part of your system, 4 channel amps really aren't meant for subs, so if an upgrade happens any time in the recent future, just keep in mind that the amp should be the first upgrade. A decent amp on those JLs and you have a pretty decent setup.

Anyways, need you to try to verify if the subs are 2 or 4 ohm. Any other info on the magnets?

for 1 get rid of the 10" sony and just run the 2 12s jl's and for 2 u wont damage your subs if your amp is under power cause if thats the case a 1000 watt amp would have to play at least volume 10 or more cause volume 2 or 3 would be at like 30 to 40 watts and would damage the subs i run 3 jl 500 watts rms a piece and drive around town at very low volume so i dont get stoped by the cop for loud music and only push like 40 watts to them so with your amp i would be pushing like 40 watts a full volume so no your amp wont damage your subs as far the amp goes if your ohms are to low u mite damage your amp if i dont go in protect mode before i got my 1000 watt amp i had a 400 watt one far a year on my subs and never damage them but blew my mind when i got my 1000 watt. ps the model # and ohms # would be your best bet ive delt with jl for like 20 years and built some of the best systems around just make sure u put them in the right size box to get the best sound and once you find the model # got to jl web site and look them up itll tell u every thing u need to know and any more Q go to jl face book thay can awnser anything u have to ask or look me up on face book i can help a lot kevin billick.

edit.... just realized how old this thread is, ugh

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

[/color]

for 1 get rid of the 10" sony and just run the 2 12s jl's and for 2 u wont damage your subs if your amp is under power cause if thats the case a 1000 watt amp would have to play at least volume 10 or more cause volume 2 or 3 would be at like 30 to 40 watts and would damage the subs i run 3 jl 500 watts rms a piece and drive around town at very low volume so i dont get stoped by the cop for loud music and only push like 40 watts to them so with your amp i would be pushing like 40 watts a full volume so no your amp wont damage your subs as far the amp goes if your ohms are to low u mite damage your amp if i dont go in protect mode before i got my 1000 watt amp i had a 400 watt one far a year on my subs and never damage them but blew my mind when i got my 1000 watt. ps the model # and ohms # would be your best bet ive delt with jl for like 20 years and built some of the best systems around just make sure u put them in the right size box to get the best sound and once you find the model # got to jl web site and look them up itll tell u every thing u need to know and any more Q go to jl face book thay can awnser anything u have to ask or look me up on face book i can help a lot kevin billick.
did you run out of periods on your keyboard??? jesus

and from what i could make out from your mindless dribble, is that you really have no idea about anything your talking about

and stop hitting up dead threads

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.