Is this car worth it?

visitor

Banned
IOWA
Ok guts found an 88 crx for 1300 with only 106k miles on it.. good price? any known issues i need to look for? any tips?

1f9120132ZZZZZZZZZ89j58576cda1ea41056.jpg

1251g1138ZZZZZZZZZ89j3147b877da9a1ead.jpg

1f61471g4ZZZZZZZZZ89j52547a1764ac1020.jpg

just making sure that this is a fair price, as i know NOTHING about them.. this will be a daily driver, but ill do stereo in it....

ask when he changed the timing belt / chain...dont' remmeber which the crx have, and what else has been replaced. remember ur buying a 20yr old car. also look to see if it smokes or burns oil

Ask for some sort of proof the odometer hasn't been replaced. Older cars can get an "exempt" status for the odometer here in FL, which means the DMV doesn't check or keep track of the mileage anymore. Not sure how it works in other states, but definitely something to look out for.

You could always take it to a trusted mechanic or the dealer and they will do a 110pt inspection on it for 50.00.

Some things to ask about are:

Timing Belt/Water Pump

Timing Belt Tensioners

Camshaft Seals

Possible Valve Adjustment

Check coolant in rad to see if its been changed

Check oil and other fluids

Common problem on Hondas' are the alternators burning up

How is the clutch

I would offer 800.00 and see what he says.

Also, ask him if you can take it to a mechanic of your choosing so he can look it over.

If he says no.....well, you're a smart guy.

watch out for the smell or rice burning
Last time I checked a CRX does not run on rice. Do you know somthing we don't know.

That car has not been riced out. For what it's worth, I have personally witnessed a Civic that raped pretty much everything at the street race back when I was in high school.

Last time I checked a CRX does not run on rice. Do you know somthing we don't know.
That car has not been riced out. For what it's worth, I have personally witnessed a Civic that raped pretty much everything at the street race back when I was in high school.
A Civic? No offense, but your HS didn't have any fast cars then.
Yes that's a fair price for that car. I just paid $1500 for a 91 that's not in quite as good of shape as that one (judging by the pics).

$1300? try like $700 its old as hell. and 91 integra 2 years ago booked at like $1400. unless its got a swap keep goin. seriously go to kbb.com or nada. or try finding a black book auction guide.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.