Is This Box Design Stupid Enough to Work?

B1GR3DDD

Delaware
I have a very weird situation while trying to make a box for my upcoming build. I'm trying to keep this box over 4ft^3 net, and keep the tuning around 34htz with plenty of port area. I tried a single side firing 8" port, however, that wouldn't work due to the mounting depth of the subs. The only solution that I've found and been recommended is three 4" aeros. . While I'd like to place all three on the front, firing in the same direction as the subs, I don't think I could make them so that their diameters were perfect enough to not overlap. Instead, I feel that buying aeros that have predetermined dimensions will be easier to work with.

Here's what I came up with:

Tri%20Port.png

I realized this after I screenshotted it, but the side ports will most likely be moved up and away from the corners of the box to prevent them from breaking.

What do you guys think?

A for creativity for port locations lol Seriously tho, I like minds that are creative.
@CSCStang will be your friend when it comes to designing a sub enclosure. But we need more info such as what subs are they? What's the vehicle they're going into? Any specific goals for these drivers or just a daily ground pounder? What size subs they are?

That pic looks and appears to be too much port area but can't determine that w/o more info.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']A for creativity for port locations lol Seriously tho, I like minds that are creative.
@CSCStang will be your friend when it comes to designing a sub enclosure. But we need more info such as what subs are they? What's the vehicle they're going into? Any specific goals for these drivers or just a daily ground pounder? What size subs they are?

That pic looks and appears to be too much port area but can't determine that w/o more info.[/QUOTE]
4006efe9829ed20c3f4aa91e9d2335c2.jpg

I just sent him a pm recommending an octoport. Don't have to run multiples this way. One and done lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cool.
Do you ever sleep? lol

Is there a diff in sound at all between reg slot port vs. octoport?
Octoport is almost as efficient as a round port so you getting enough port area without sacrificing as much space as a sloted port would require. Its great for when you need specific amounts of port area and cannot find a proper sized aero/sonotube to get the job done.

Cool.
Do you ever sleep? lol

Is there a diff in sound at all between reg slot port vs. octoport?
Work a graveyard shift and build during the day. So no I don't sleep much these days unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

I think he cat naps inbetween boxes.
Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Inside the bigger ones ha.

honestly the rear wave is so long it wont cancal insdie the box.. but as it travels through the car is something your going to have to test.. its pretty unconventional but don't let that stop you..

DECWARE Zen Open Baffle full range single driver crossoverless loudspeaker model ZOB

this is based off some some of tesla's work.. particularly on resonance. its a single driver full range that has a resonance chamber that uses excitation from the cones movement to create the lower octave frequency response without the speaker actually reproducing much of the sound just being able to play the frequency..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.