is there a sound difference between 2 ohm and 4 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
ok thats what i wanted to hear... and btw i have placed the order for the audiopipe amp.... thanks for the info and reccomendation

I have an Audiopipe 3000D and it works just fine. Anyone who says its a crappy amp, has never had one and are judging the book by its cover/judging it by its price. People say its not clean power, but it only starts distorting if you have the gains set too high and it starts to clip, just like any amp out there or if the voltage drops too low due to insufficient electrical.

The Audiopipe 1500 would be a MUCH better fit than any of the amps you listed above. Those are all crap amps, especially Boss. If I had to rate the amps, I would say Power Acoustik, SoundStream, Absolute (Never heard of it honestly) and then the Boss.

But honestly it has alot to do with your install, the equipment, electrical, and what subs and speakers you will be running. May want to list those so we could help steer you in the right direction.

i have a pair of pioneer ts-309s4 svc 4 ohm subwoofers 400rms 1400peak in seperate sealed boxes measuring 1cuft each including the sub displacement these were a replacement part for another sub i had ordered for a pioneer gm-d8500 amp.. the sales rep that was handling my order told me i needed 2 of these to match the amp i bought ,and after installing and attempting to tune them i found out i had the wrong match cause the amp wasnt big enough...but cant do anything about it... so buy another one and research it cause people will tell you anything to make a quick buck... i really appreciate all the help im getting from this forum

i have a pair of pioneer ts-309s4 svc 4 ohm subwoofers 400rms 1400peak in seperate sealed boxes measuring 1cuft each including the sub displacement these were a replacement part for another sub i had ordered for a pioneer gm-d8500 amp.. the sales rep that was handling my order told me i needed 2 of these to match the amp i bought ,and after installing and attempting to tune them i found out i had the wrong match cause the amp wasnt big enough...but cant do anything about it... so buy another one and research it cause people will tell you anything to make a quick buck... i really appreciate all the help im getting from this forum
Yeah, stay away from Pioneer amps. They aren't "bad" amps or anything, just not the greatest. Basically any amps you can buy at WalMart, stay away from. Pioneer has gone down on their quality unfortunately.

And like I said before, don't look at Peak wattage. RMS is the only thing that matters. Are you looking for amps only or are you open to replacing your subs? I recommend getting rid of the subs and the Pioneer amp. Sell it on Craigslist or if you can take it back, go get your money back.

What kind of music do you listen to?

If you can take your equipment back, how much would you get back? Which leads to my next question, what is your budget?

What Head Unit are you running? Are you running sufficient wiring? (Should be running 8 or 4 gauge power and ground)

pioneer has very really made a well selling amp, you dont see many of those....the audiopipe amps are good or at least they were good about 5 years ago might be better now i dont deal with them anymore, you get what you pay for in most cases, but i would look at the audiopipes if youre considering one

pioneer has very really made a well selling amp, you dont see many of those....the audiopipe amps are good or at least they were good about 5 years ago might be better now i dont deal with them anymore, you get what you pay for in most cases, but i would look at the audiopipes if youre considering one
Amps that market their peak wattage and not their rms wattage aren't amps I would ever consider. For example, their 760 watt amp. Thats peak, not rms. What I am saying is, is that there are companies out there that put more effort into their marketing than they do their build quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.