Is my Kinetik HC800 Battery bad? NEED HELPP!! THANKS!

Yes it does it helps run the accys. And most newer cars wont run without the battery because of electronic fuel pumps and starting ignition relays etc.
Also is the Alt charging it properly?
i didnt say it didnt need a battery but you are misguided all the battery is used for is starting and a voltage stabilizer

Yes it does it helps run the accys. And most newer cars wont run without the battery because of electronic fuel pumps and starting ignition relays etc.
Also is the Alt charging it properly?
Yeah the alt is charging properly. It's a 200 amp. Kinetik is ran parallel to the battery in the front...

I just didnt get it because my battery will not drop that low even when the system is at full tilt. The lowest it will ever go is around 12.5-12.8.
If a battery is bad front or rear it will have a rather large negitive effect to a system. It WOULD drag down the front battery and it would draw enough from the alt to cause much dimming.

If a battery is bad front or rear it will have a rather large negitive effect to a system. It WOULD drag down the front battery and it would draw enough from the alt to cause much dimming.
I don't experience dimming;that's the thing. I just decided to get it tested and found out it's bad. I think the way the stores are testing it, it's wrong...

I don't experience dimming;that's the thing. I just decided to get it tested and found out it's bad. I think the way the stores are testing it, it's wrong...
if you gave them the right rating it should have gave an accurate result the midtronics testers most auto parts use is the same tester that most dealers use too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If you want to test it yourself go pick up a simple battery tester

Heavy Duty Battery Tester 6v & 12v on eBay!

As for testing it in your car, if you think about it, your battery sits at 12.9. When the car is running you are getting 13-15volts. That mean your alternator is doing it's job. if you really wanted to test the battery in the car with the system running do it with the car off. The only thing powering your system now is your battery but keep your eye on the voltage to shut it down if it starts to drop. you don't want to burn up your equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swollen_cu

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
swollen_cu
New Orleans
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date