Is 2500 watts too much for a x12? (critique my setup idea)

sangean
10+ year member

NY
Hey everyone, I am putting 4 sundown x12's DVC 4 ohms in my lincoln town car. I was going with 2 sia-3500's, but I decided to buy a lithium battery that can support more power, so I was thinking, why not get 2 sundown 5k amps instead, since there's not much difference in price.

I'm getting a 370 amp alternator and a lithium hp-40. the chart says it can take a 9600 watt amp with a 350 alternator, so why not get stronger amps if i am spending more on a battery?

hp-40-graph.png

But anyway, my question is will I nuke my x12's with 2500 watts rms each? There's a guy on youtube who ran 4 u12's on a taramps 10k no problem.

There will be one amp per 2 subs, so 2 x12's will be wired to one ohm on each amp. Is that not the lowest impedance possible?

You already have 4 D4s? If so the 2 8ks since you can't run the full bridge amps under 1.

If you have not bought the subwoofers yet I would get D2s and run all 4 at 1 ohm on a 13500. Then you don't have to mess with gain matching and more wiring.

Oh i see what you're saying. The problem is I already own 2 x12's 4 ohms from a previous build- it does make setting things up tougher, and I never thought I would put 4 subs in a box.

Can you tell me more about configuring 2 mono amps? I was just gonna set the gains with a multimeter, but I don't know much more about it

I looked at that 13,500 amp btw. That amp is sick and not too expensive for what if offers

Is this wiring as simple as it looks? You can connect the power through 1 amp then pass it to another from the outputs? Man I wish I could sell the 4 ohms I got, but I keep getting lowballers

No it has dual inputs. Amp needs two powers and two grounds. Only the remote wire has an output.

Those town cars have sealed off trunks don't they? Best bet would be put the two 12s in a 4th order blow through.

This is in a crown vic with two 15s. Port through the rear deck.

crown vic.jpg

Dang I wish I had posted here before I started. I got all sorts of advice elsewhere that wasn’t the best. Here’s the box I built already
22D46168-F64E-450B-BFC2-433EC5ADC2FE.jpeg

I know I’m gonna get good SPL with 4 12’s. I’m still debating if I want to tear out the back seat.

How does one connect 2 sets of positive and negative cables? Does it matter if it’s a splitter or do they have to be connected directly to the trunk battery

the chart says it can take a 9600 watt amp with a 350 alternator,
Good luck with that. The specs they publish for that look extremely dishonest, and trying to run 10,000W off a 40AH LiFePO with 2C rating before losing performance and cycle life seems a terrible idea.
Also be aware that Jacob rates those subs at like 1500W for a reason and if it isn't Sundown or the authorized dealer who sold you the subs telling you to run double that power to them you're not going to get warranty service if you blow them up.

Dang I wish I had posted here before I started. I got all sorts of advice elsewhere that wasn’t the best. Here’s the box I built already View attachment 27821
I know I’m gonna get good SPL with 4 12’s. I’m still debating if I want to tear out the back seat.

How does one connect 2 sets of positive and negative cables? Does it matter if it’s a splitter or do they have to be connected directly to the trunk battery
Please tell me thats not a sealed box for X12's

Goddang y’all are hella knowledgeable. I’m having trouble responding to each quote individually from my phone, but that was what I needed- I’m not gonna double the power. A dealer recommended the new sia-3500 for 2 of them, so it’s only overpowered by 250 rms each

What’s your opinion on the lithium? The guy on Facebook who runs the company seems cool- the reseller seems like a tool.

What battery specs actually matter? It’s been tough sifting through the different specs

I was initially looking at getting a north star 480, but it seems people are now recommending lithium. The guy who had the 10k amp had 2 North Star 220’s agm

Hahaha and hell no, not a sealed box. The cutout under the drill on the right is where I am gonna bust a hole for the port. I wanted a 12” tube but it’ll be tight so I’m going with a 10”

i plan to put a couple 1” dowels for bracing

Wouldn't be over powered though. I run a full bridge 3k on my single X15. No where near too much power after impedance rise and voltage drop. IIRC I clamped around 1130ish rms.

I don't think a single 10" aero port is going to be enough port area or get your tuning low enough with the length you have to work with.

As far as battery I would do a CES 40ah LTO if you want a prebuilt battery.

Which amp you got?

thanks for the battery recommendation- def more reasonable prices than the one I was looking at

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...