FEATURED 2004 Ram 2500 SQ Build

I think if I go up firing under the rear seat, this box is the lead candidate. I feel like the abs portion of the Fox Acoustics box may not be as stout.

Still looking for input on four 6.5s as far as SQ.

Got this Gately box and two 8s. These 8s take 900w each. The box downfires into a steel well in the truck. I guess it acts like a 6th order enclosure.

IMG_0002.jpeg

Going to a shop today to decide between the JL Audio TWK 88 and Helix DSP.3s. The helix is said to have better internals, but not as friendly tuning software. My logic is, if I can get a really good tune with a decent product it would probably sound better than a decent tune with a really good product…

Does anyone have experience with Helix and JL Audio DSPs and their tuning software that wants to give an opinion in either direction?

The shop that has both in stock was poopooing the CDT speakers…

Stripped the interior, shampooed the carpet, etc. Getting ready to apply some mat, cff and MLV. Dodge surprisingly took care of the fire wall due to it being a diesel. It already has foam backed MLV and the carpet has >1” of cff as a backer. Overall surprised for a Dodge.
IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

I just picked up this amp/DSP. Now I’m looking at the response and it only goes up to 22,000 Hz. Is this a bad idea or problematic for SQ? The DSP 3S that I had previously selected goes up to 44,000 Hz. My tweeters go up to 50,000 Hz.

I just picked up this amp/DSP. Now I’m looking at the response and it only goes up to 22,000 Hz. Is this a bad idea or problematic for SQ? The DSP 3S that I had previously selected goes up to 44,000 Hz. My tweeters go up to 50,000 Hz.
Humans can't hear above 20k hz and that's if their hearing is good. The number is lower for most adults. I can't see a problem.

Humans can't hear above 20k hz and that's if their hearing is good. The number is lower for most adults. I can't see a problem.
I realize that 16 to 20 K is the threshold for most adults with decent hearing. I have read, and I’m not sure if it’s true, that the extra range above that is detectable in a way that really deep sub bass notes are—not so much auditory, but something you can supposedly feel. It adds richness or some other fancy speak. Again, I don’t know, just reading stuff.

I finished with the floor material and stripping the doors. I replaced the harness in the rear doors that had some wire breakage in the door boots. I’ve planned out the wire routing up to the doors. The only way I’ve figured out how to get the wiring into the doors is to drill some fresh holes. There’s no room to drill a hole through the connector.

I assumed this would be the case and why I ordered wire that has a round OD. Should seal nicely to a grommet.

IMG_0116.jpeg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...