iPad install

I hope it removes easily for update and ****. I think thats the worse thing about the ipad, if it was stand alone and was like a netbook or a tablet pc itself and didnt need to be synced to a comp like an ipod it would be much much better and worth the price.

I hope it removes easily for update and ****. I think thats the worse thing about the ipad, if it was stand alone and was like a netbook or a tablet pc itself and didnt need to be synced to a comp like an ipod it would be much much better and worth the price.
can it not update via wifi? maybe they changed it.. that would be smart.. download updates and songs through wifi on itunes

I wouldnt use it unless i could use it as my computer. You can proly do wifi.
check out apple.com . you can get them equipped with 3g interwebs. and its like $30 a month from AT&T and no contract. its not a full blown computer,but itll be closeish.

To answer some of the questions on here. We just got done with the install of an iPad into our demo vehicle. You can see on you tube at

. We used a dock style cable out of the bottom of the unit. Using this will automatically put the iPad volume at full. The problem with the headphone jack is you have to have access to the volume keys on the side of the unit. We ran the output into our Audison Bit One and everything sounds great. I know it is compressed music and a direct CD would sound better but the iPad opens up so many more possibilities. There are a lot of applications for home audio use for the iPad and Touch. Look at it this way- you could use the iPad as your source in your vehicle, undock it when you get home and have the same unit control your theater system and home automation. We installed this into our car thinking ahead when we start doing home audio in the next few months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.