Blew a type-r with my old school kicker zr 360

Participant count
  • Participant list

slonoma00
10+ year member

I kinda want to know how this is possible if the sub is rated at 1500 watta and the amp is no where near that strong. It has the swx module in it. If the sub(dvc 4 ohm) is wired in series(8ohm) to the amp which is two ohm compatable bridged at the amp, would that blow the sub? The guy who put this together wired it this way and i trusted him to know what he was doing so i never took it out to check it. But yeah, he wired it in series. I got a new one for christmas and wired it in parallel(4+4/4x4=2ohms) It sounds great but i hav been having problems with melting fuse holders. I got the standard cheap tube fuse holder, do i need to upgrade to a anl style fuse holder?

you're probably clipping the sub to hell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thankfully I have never blown one in 18 years. Melted a few tinsel leads, but solder does wonders. It is easier to turn down the gain on a big amp, than try to squeeze every bit of power from a little one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.