Inverter noise? What can be done?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Melvinl

Hei Guys!

I am basically building a party rig in the back of a van and i need some help.

I have 2x 140ah batteries in parallel connection giving me 280 Ah max.

from that i am running:

2x12 dual Comp S Kicker running from Pioneer GM-D9601

2x12 dual Comp S Kicker running from Kicker 12CX600.1

4x Kappa 62.11i Infinity by Harman running from an Kenwood KAC-6405 4 ch (i think, 80% sure)

On top of that i have an 1000W inverter that i am running a small smoke machine, strobe light and lasers from.

Problem is, inverter makes a great amount of noise in the speakers when in use. Is there anyway to reduce / remove this?

12v Noise filter?

Capacitor?

In that case, any specific ?

Any respond is helpful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The first thing I would try would be the capacitor only because it will be cheaper than a commercial filter. Radioshack should have at least a few to pick from. Get the biggest capacitance cap you can find that has at least a 14V rating (higher is fine) and put it in parallel as close to that inverter as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.