Installing Any Deck Into A 94 Civic CX Hachback

Participant count
  • Participant list

TSoul

I had an old Pioneer Tape Deck Installed and decided the tape deck had to go and bought a clarion CD. Well I installed the Clarion but it kept on overheating right away, as soon as I turned it on. I took the Clarion out not knowing what the hell was going on and went to put the Pioneer back in, and now neither will turn on...I have to admit im not the best at this but alot of people that I have had looked at it dont know either...I dont know if I just have the wiring right (Yes, I need a new copy of the Wiring Specs for 94 Civic CX Hachback) or if I fried something or what.

I hope that you didn't clip off the stock wiring harness plug. As a former car audio installer, I really hated when people did that. It's so much easier to buy a little $10 conversion harness plug that just plugs into the stock plug and connects your CD player harness to the stock harness. Then you don't have to cut any stock wiring or void any of your car's warranty.

Are your wires clipped? If they are, you might have to take your car to an installer, and he can use a Fluke or a test light to figure out what wires go where. Don't try connecting wires together if you aren't positive what they are. You can melt your wires, and possibly start a fire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.