Installing Alpine Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ericjl

I'm just starting to piece together my sound system in my 1994 Mazda 626. The fist thing i'm going to get is an Alpine head unit, one of the ones with subwoofer level control on it. I'm thinking that i could save myself a lot of money if I could install it myself. First of all, would the unit fit in my car? I'll be sure to check wherever i buy it. How difficult of a task is it to install? I don't have much experience with car electronics, but i'm fairly competent with technical things. Would I need to buy any specific wiring equipment or tools to hook it up with? Thanks a lot for your help

Go to the Audio Store and ask what models would fit your car. The buy a wiring harness and a car stereo installation kit for your cars year, make, and model. It isn't hard to do once u know what you are doing but it may take a little practice. The wiring harness will plug right into your existing harness that your stock h.u is connected to and if u buy a new radio it will give you the wiring codes for that radio. Just hook up the wires from the cars harness(that u just bought!) to the radio harness by following the directions it will be a fairly simple task. Good luck!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.