installed new RF amp for door speakers, whirring/clicking sounds

Has anyone else experienced my problem and had a solution? It seems people are having issues with RCA's not being grounded but I am running a Line output converter off of my factory HU... I dont really have money to be spending trying a bunch of fixes that arent going to work.... I planned on doing the big 3 upgrade soon, could that have any impact?

why not buy a cheap head unit off craigslist and running the setup without the LOC. i am sure you could find and older head unit for less than $50. it will have the correct remote wire and rca hookups.

another thought, have you redone your ground to a different location? personally, i prefer to drill a hole in my spare tirewell and sand it down to bare metal then i use a bolt, nut, and washer through to attach the ground wire.

another thought, have you redone your ground to a different location? personally, i prefer to drill a hole in my spare tirewell and sand it down to bare metal then i use a bolt, nut, and washer through to attach the ground wire.
Thats actually exactly how I have my grounds done. My amps are mounted on a 3/4" mdf board in my spare tire well. The grounds are drilled directly into the metal and paint was smoothed away with a dremel with bolts going through the floor board secured with nuts underneath the vehicle... I havent overlooked anything on this install thats why im so frustrated.

Also I plan on upgrading to an aftermarket HU soon, but the reason I havent yet is that on my particular car (2000 Honda CR-V), the keyles entry/alarm system is integrated into the factory HU. If I remove it, i lose my alarm and keyless entry. Not a big deal because I plan to install an aftermarket alarm when I get my aftermarket HU, its just too much money right now and why waste even $50 on a used/low grade HU when ill be upgrading soon anyways hopefully. Its just a mess at the moment and im certain there something I can do to solve this without installing an aftermarket HU, if i could only pinpoint the culprit...

Okay, so today I decided to try and do the big 3 in hopes to help with this interference. Went down to battery warehouse and bought some 1/0 awg for $4/ft. and had some lugs soldered on after telling him the lengths I needed. Wires came out beautiful, all $32 worth of cable, $25 worth of terminals, and a $25 inline fuse later. NOW THE WHINING IS EVEN LOUDER!!

I obviously am flowing more current, allowing the interference to be picked up on and amplified even more so.... wth can I do, I am about tapped out of funds for a while

Try taking the grounds on the loc and grounding them to the vehicle chassis. Sound like you tied them into the speaker wires which may be the cause of this. I generally don't event use the grounds on the loc unless it's an expensive one that's needs a 12 power supply for remote turnon. Then the ground Is nessecary to complete the 12v circuit

you know, thats funny you should make that reccomendation because while I was at work today thinking about a solution to this, I actually debated wether or not that was something I could do... Okay, so let me get this straight.

I have 6 wires coming off of my LOC, a + and two -'s for each speaker/side. Are you saying to use one positive and one negative for the speaker and take each of the extra negatives and ground them to the chassis? or just ground all 4 of the negatives to chassis and not even hook up to the neg. speaker terminal?

im really glad you suggested this

two of those six wires are normally ground wires, normally brown in color, im not sure bout that partcular model but thats how the pac tis set up

+- ground ground +- are the wires normally

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.