Need help

Dmurria
10+ year member

Okay I'm getting 4 new Kicker ZX2500.1 or 4 RE Audio XTX5000 powering 4 Fi BTLs and was wondering which should I go with, and how much power from my alts am I going to need to keep it powered and how many XS Power 5100R I need. Going in 2005 Suburban if that helps.

Some people like to do stuff and learn as they do it. All I wanted to know how much I need. I'm ditching that set up and going for 4 21" Death Penalty Subs on a Stetsom 7K2 E. In a 8cuft box for each subwoofer.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Also I understand most about audio I just dont understand electrical.

You are gonnaneeds gobs of power to run this much equipment. You may need an upgraded alternator just to run1 zx2500.

I wouldn't attemptt his install unless you know what your doing. This is NOT the type of system you learn with.

You are gonnaneeds gobs of power to run this much equipment. You may need an upgraded alternator just to run1 zx2500.
I wouldn't attemptt his install unless you know what your doing. This is NOT the type of system you learn with.
definitely not the system to learn with. i run 1 kx2500 and i am running a 220a alt and 2 yellow tops in the back with 2 runs of 1/0

im only doing 2100rms and using a 250 amp alternator, and a hc800. yes my battery is small but my voltage runs a decent 13.5 volts at all times(above 1000 rpms).

the amps you wanting to run are going to pull in the ball park of 800 amps all together. so a few alternators would be ideal. personally i think even 1 btl 18 and 1 zx2500 is a large system for a starter. but its manageable. im running 1 btl 18 fully loaded and a bb2400.1 and it hits plenty hard for me.

Ok I've got my system down I looked at the Death Penalties and realized I don't want something that big. I know I'm just a starter but I understand car audio. I have done little systems before in my galant, 2-12s then 2-15s then 2-12s with 2-15s for a couple of days(had to put my seat back in), now back to 2-15s. I'm trying to do something big with my suburban since I have all the space. I UNDERSTAND CAR AUDIO NOT ELECTRICAL. All I want to know is how many alts and batteries I need, I guess I gotta take a simple question to a whole another forum just to get a simple answer. My final system is going to be 4-Fi BTLs on a Stetsom 7K2.

Ok I've got my system down I looked at the Death Penalties and realized I don't want something that big. I know I'm just a starter but I understand car audio. I have done little systems before in my galant, 2-12s then 2-15s then 2-12s with 2-15s for a couple of days(had to put my seat back in), now back to 2-15s. I'm trying to do something big with my suburban since I have all the space. I UNDERSTAND CAR AUDIO NOT ELECTRICAL. All I want to know is how many alts and batteries I need, I guess I gotta take a simple question to a whole another forum just to get a simple answer. My final system is going to be 4-Fi BTLs on a Stetsom 7K2.
lol, calm down dude.

there is no "simple answer" to your simple question. you will mot likely need to run multiple alternators @ 250-400$ a pop. if your ultimate goal is 4 btl 18's, and the stetsom amp, you will be pulling around 800 amps of current with just the amp. now add the amp for your highs, headlights, air conditioner, other vehicle systems i would add another 100 amps for these things. so now your at 900-1000 amps of current needed from you alternators.

so i recommend 4 250 amp alternators(or any other combination to =1000 amps) , and i will leave the brain storming on how to mount and fit them under the hood. and if you are ignorant when it comes to the electrical system, then again don't do these modifications yourself, as you risk:shorted batteries, car fires, etc if you don't know what your doing. also up grade big three with 3/0 to 4/0 wire or multiple short runs of 1/0 wire.

battery wise, i would personally run 5-7 kinetik hc2400's.

this is a big job, and i recommend starting"smaller" and building up to something like this. like start with a zx2500.1 and 1 btl 18. cause i don't thing you know the "actual" amount of money and work your dealing with. i haven't even mentioned the numerous runs of 1/0 wire to the trunk, rcas, ring terminals etc.

I already knew I had to do the big 3, and that I need to run multiple runs of 1/0. I was going to get the kit from nationsautoelectic.com for quad 275 or 300 alternators. Ok but one more question, on the stetsom website they said I need 70mm power wire but what does the opening on the amp accept

I already knew I had to do the big 3, and that I need to run multiple runs of 1/0. I was going to get the kit from nationsautoelectic.com for quad 275 or 300 alternators. Ok but one more question, on the stetsom website they said I need 70mm power wire but what does the opening on the amp accept
measure it and find out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.