Installed new amp, now headunit has no equalizer

Participant count
  • Participants list

Martinp

IL
Hello! So today I finished installing my kenwood 4 channel amplifier in conjunction with my kenwood ddx419 HU.

Now my front ANL fuse off the battery was blown so there is no power going to the amp as of right now, so i'm not sure if that's the problem but anyway this is what is happening,

My problem is that after having disconnected the pairs of speaker wire for each speaker from the harness at the back of the HU and splicing and hooking them up to the amp directly, now the headunit has locked out all the options in the audio configuration page.

I.E. the fader/balance, Preset EQ, manual EQ, Loudness controls, The whole shebang is grayed out and un-clickable.

Now tomorrow im going to get a new fuse so the amp can be powered on and see if that changes things but if not then i was wondering what possibly could have gone wrong!

Possibly a setting so that the HU knows that the speakers are being powered externally. Or maybe i disconnected something i shouldn't have!? I only cut the wires to the speakers so im not sure.....

I'm nervous because i took a long time to make sure everything was connected and all the RCA's are done properly but I cant lose my audio configurations!

Please if you have nay thoughts let me know as soon as you can thanks!!

reset the headunit

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

are you using rca's or speaker output from the headunit? confused?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.