Battery wiring ?!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgordon

160db bound !!!
Would it be ok to wire two different batteries together. I have a duralast gold group34 up front and a yellow top group 31 in the back. Can I wire them in parallel together instead of having to wire the 2nd battery straight to the alternator. I just wanna make sure the duralast won't mess up my yellowtop and I definitely don't want a fire.

Thanks

Is the gold an AGM? if it is not do NOT mix the two. If they are both Glass mats you can mix them, but two different batteries will still affect the life of each other. I dont mix different batteries personally.

I'd be more worried that the Optima battery would wipe out the good one you have. ;-)

And yes, you can parallel them regardless of technology. It's better to run all AGM batteries if you have any but nothing will catch fire. You just won't have as high a resting voltage if you mix AGM and wet cell batteries.

nah I wouldn't, put in an isolator or sumthing between the two. it's always best to run the same batts (same age too) one batt will be better than the other (no matter what batts they are) and the weaker of the two wont last long

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.