Can't get my head unit to come on!!!

Hi everybody i am new to this forum. I was installing my new double din pioneer AVH-X1500DVD in my truck (1999 Ford Ranger) and i wired up the connector that came with the head unit to the wiring harness and i pretty sure i wired everything in right. I have wired up 5 or 6 different head units and i have never had this problem. But i am having a problem with the head unit not coming on i checked the fuse in the head unit and its not blown. I rewired it 3 different time and still nothing. Its pretty frustrating when stuff doesn't work when you have spent a lot of money into something. If you guys have any suggestions please comment.

Try taking the headunit out and hook black to negative on your battery and red and yellow straight to the positive of the battery. Should give you a definitive on whether it's the headunit or not.

Check the fuse for the radio INSIDE the car. Usually on the driver side under the dash. Underneath a spare change compartment or near the kicks. Also try grounding the head unit to a bolt back there instead of the harness ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.