Installed new alt isnt charging

jdmferio13
10+ year member

feayfm
Central,PA
So I finally went ahead and installed my ho alt.Got everything in and cranked it over and started up.I noticed the my meter only reading 12.1 so I checked both rear and front batts with dmm and 12.1.Need help not sure what it might be.The alt is a db linc 200 amp alt.

So I finally went ahead and installed my ho alt.Got everything in and cranked it over and started up.I noticed the my meter only reading 12.1 so I checked both rear and front batts with dmm and 12.1.Need help not sure what it might be.The alt is a db linc 200 amp alt.
mine is having issues aswell.. what does it do when you rev?

the harness plug is connected.So I tried turning it on and disconnecting the batts and the car shut off so its either the alt or the plug that goes to it.Im not sure but the alt is brand new dont know

yes old alt was working fine for being a 70 amp alt:( now I install this 200 amp alt and nothing Im thinking there might be a short dont know but If so Im selling all my **** this audio **** is starting to piss me off.

Check your fuses, grounds, and if there is any corrosion on the harness clean it. I spliced my sensor wire usually yellow and attached it with a ring terminal on the positive post on my mechman. If you figured it out, seriously charge your batts to at least 12.8 before starting your car or you can smoke the alty.

yeah im going to check it tommorow see if i might have pinched something or check it out ill let you know is there away i can see if the alt is charging with the dmm before the harness to the batt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.