Installed new alt isnt charging

yes old alt was working fine for being a 70 amp alt:( now I install this 200 amp alt and nothing Im thinking there might be a short dont know but If so Im selling all my **** this audio **** is starting to piss me off.
i'll take your fi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Check your fuses, grounds, and if there is any corrosion on the harness clean it. I spliced my sensor wire usually yellow and attached it with a ring terminal on the positive post on my mechman. If you figured it out, seriously charge your batts to at least 12.8 before starting your car or you can smoke the alty.
you cannot smoke an alternator if it is not creating output. you need to figure out why the alt is not charging the system before worrying if your batteries are "charged" enough.

besides, its a 200 amp alt, you wont have a problem even if your batts are at 10v before starting. the only way to really fry an alternator is to jump your car and disconnect jumpers before the battery is charged enough(5 to ten min). this would create excessive draw on the alt, possibly burning it up.

:quote: u said wen u rev it it bogs down,, wen my alt fryed it sounded like the engine was under a lot of load, but dident shut down :quote: ..................again- when your alt is not charging the system, and a load is being drawn, it will seem like your car is bogging down.

you cannot smoke an alternator if it is not creating output. you need to figure out why the alt is not charging the system before worrying if your batteries are "charged" enough.
besides, its a 200 amp alt, you wont have a problem even if your batts are at 10v before starting. the only way to really fry an alternator is to jump your car and disconnect jumpers before the battery is charged enough(5 to ten min). this would create excessive draw on the alt, possibly burning it up.
Seriously? If I spend the money on a H/O alternator I will make sure it's done right, with batteries charged up period. A battery sitting at 10v can burn up diodes.

Check the fuse for the wire that plugs into the alt. I blew mine and I was getting 12.3 voltage with the car on or off.
I dont have a fuse I dont think the only thing I have is a battery fuse in the fuse box but its fine.I sent it out to get checked to a local.And thanks to whoever said about the batts my batts are fine voltage is perfect on them.I think I blew the regulator or something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.