Installed aux input, now audio cuts out every few minutes

Participant count
  • Participant list

CletusTSJY

I have a 2004 Accord LX with a stock 6 disc CD changer and no navigation. Over the weekend I installed an iPod connector (PA11-HON2y from USA Spec); it's an old model but it was new in the box. I'm not using the iPod cable, just the RCA out, which plugs into a blue tooth device (Kinivo BTC450). A little detail about the Accord is that the aux channel plays through CD6 from the CD changer (or at least that's what the display shows).

The setup was working fine for about the first 10 minutes but then I noticed the audio would cut out, the display on the stereo would flash EJECT, and then a second later it would go back to CD6-01 and play my audio again. The problem got worse and worse over a 30 minute span and by the time I was done with my drive, the cut outs were happening every minute. I turned the stereo off for part of the drive and noticed the stereo would turn itself back on, flash EJECT, and then go to CD6-01 and stay there.

Any idea what might be the problem? The unit sending some sort of signal to the stereo? I'm very new to this but the instructions were pretty simple, I don't know what I might have done wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.