Does anyone have experience with KnuKonceptz KLM – CCA Cable

Participant count
  • Participant list

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I might need to get a few metres of cable for my amp, and i came across this stuff

KnuKonceptz KLM – 4 AWG CCA Power Cable | BladeICE

I know Knu is a good brand, but has anyone used this 'KLM' range?

The price is ridiculously cheap (it is on sale, i dont know how much it is normally) so i just wanted to check peoples opinions.

If people think its fine, im going to use 4 awg for 'the big 3' aswell as im only using 1100 rms

I would run 0 gauge for anything over 1k watts, just for good measure, also- for the big three I would definitely use 0 gauge!
Lmao epic username! Anyways I agree throw some zero in that ***** that way when you upgrade it is one less thing to worry about

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif thanks man a girl I know gave me the inspiration //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Sorry to bump this again.

Is this 4 gauge definitely not good enough? it says its good for carrying up to 250 amps. and to be honest its so cheap that il struggle to turn it down if it would work. im saving for a new car aswel so 0 gauge isnt the best idea as its so expensive.

My alternator is only like 100 amps and im sure that 4 gauge will be an upgrade over the stock wire.

No way 4 gauge will carry 250 amps. 4 gauge wire taps out around 145 amps, it's highly recommended not to go above that when running it.

Check out these links for helpful information :

Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length - Says to stay at 150 or below

WIRE - Says to stay at 125 or below

Take into consideration if your wire is OFC or CCA. OFC is more conductive than CCA, so it'll function a lot better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.