Install on 2006 gmc sierra with bose system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pak71382

I have a 2006 gmc sierra with a bose stereo system. It doesn't have the sub woofer under the cup holder in the center console. I wanted to install my sub and amp out of my old truck in this truck to add a little bass. I have a 250 watt sony amp, and a 8 inch ma audio sub, as I have no need for super loud bass. I was going to install my kenwood head unit as well until I learned I needed two hundred dollars worth of adapters, to use my kenwood head unit. So I decided to use the factory head unit. I purchased a line out converter, so I could hook up my amp and sub. I spliced into the speaker wires directly under the cup holder, the right rear channel and left rear channel. Hooked everything up and my sub you can barely hear. When it was hooked up in my old truck, it was alot louder than it is now. The loc I used can handle up to 80 watts per channel and the gain on the loc is turned all the way up. I even turned the gain up and back down and back up no difference Do I need a bigger loc? The stock bose system does have the factory amp as well. Any thoughts?

As long at the LOC is tapped before the stock amp, and gains on the LOC are up, I unfortunately don't have an answer to that assuming settings on the amp are fine. As far as adding your aftermarket deck, you should search for the appropriate adapters online. For instance, the harness for my Grand Am costs $105 at best buy, online it can be found for under $40. Same applies for antenna adapter and dash kit. Metra's website isn't working for me right now, or I would've given you links to the appropriate stuff online. You should be able to find everything for well under $100 total online and a decent aftermarket unit over an LOC is worth it.

First there are cabin microphones on some GM models; given yours has Bose and is newer it's possible. What the microphones do is measure the internal sound pressure in the vehicle and adjust the radio to counteract them - thus dumming down your bass output, etc.

IIRC the harness will be the GMOS-04, antenna adapter would be the 40-GM10, and the kit is the 99-2003. If you want to retain your steering wheel controls you'll want to grab the ASWC, it's almost plug and play with the GMOS piece.

if the system didn't come with a sub, i wouldn't assume the wires there are active. use a DMM to measure VAC on those wires.

also, when you took the sub wires (i assume only one pair) did you wire them to both LOC inputs? you should have a mono input to the LOC, a mono output from the LOC, and then Y into the amp. you can accidentally wire the left and right out of phase, which will also cause your issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pak71382

Pak71382
Flushing, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
keep_hope_alive