Infinity speakers

I listen to a lot of metal and personally I thought the Reference set I had was pretty much garbage. It's hard to complain when they're under $100, but that was money that I could have used for something significantly better.
Those Blaupunkt tweeters seem very nice. How much did you get them for?
I know what you mean when it comes to rock and metal. There is somewhat of a gap in the audio spectrum thats missing. Luckily though, my IDQ's seem to even it out really nicely. I love listening to rock in my car.

I bought them off a forum member for $60. Brand new.

I read reviews and people seem to like them alot.

I have some, but I don't really want to mount them there. I ordered these tweeters some time ago: http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_250&products_id=544

I'd like try to messing around and getting a nice stage height, so I think the A-pillars will give more room for experimenting. On-axis vs. off-axis, location of mount in the A-pillar, etc. Also, these tweeter pods look a bit nicer IMO.

The Mach 5 MLIs were $79 for the pair shipped on their website. They're supposed to have some good midbass output and I can cross them around 3000 Hz. The paper cone should help reproduce the sound I've been looking for. I've had nothing but polypropylene cone woofers and I figured it was time for something different. Gonna try them with my PDX 4.100. Hopefully that should be enough power, but if not I can just bridge the channels and power the tweets off the Clarion DXZ785USB I have. First time running an active system, can't wait!

Cool.

I plan to put the vc100s where my infinity tweets sit. I like how the stock locations sound. Decent imaging (in my mind), and I cant localize the sound like I can with coxial setups.

Blend with what? You need to hear better stuff if those tweets aren't harsh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
They blend with the woofer. The woofer gets way louder and clearer once it is broken in.

I have heard other speakers man and they are not as loud and crispy.

They do not sound harsh and they don't need to be pointed at your ear. Those speakers get so loud they fill the rear of my car!

They blend with the woofer. The woofer gets way louder and clearer once it is broken in.I have heard other speakers man and they are not as loud and crispy.

They do not sound harsh and they don't need to be pointed at your ear. Those speakers get so loud they fill the rear of my car!
Why the heck would anyone want a crispy speaker? Can I get a fried one w/ buffalo hot sauce? Oh wow, they fill your car with sound. That's truly impressive. Did you know that many other far superior speaker sets can do the exact same thing? What else have you heard, exactly? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

This is my last time addressing your comments.

Anyway, like I said, Infinity Perfects have smoked the competition many times. I don't think you understand the sound capability of this speaker and resolution it is capable of putting out when tuned right and broken in. They hit hard too and have plenty of bass!

2nd important thing is that they meet and exceed my expectations.

3rd, if you think other speakers are better, I don't have a problem with that.

4th The infinity perfects are great speakers and there is evidence to back it up.(Does not mean that there are not other great speakers and it does not mean that every body should like the sound of Infinity)

If you feel they are bad speakers fine. To me they are still the bomb!

i used to own a set of infinity reference components. i got rid of them after a coouple of months because the violent bass air they were producing kept making my rear-view mirror fall off.

don't mistake loud, harsh tweeters for clarity.

Well to me it has good clarity......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Rowjoe when I got the Kicker subs I lowered the crossover on the subwoofer amp and the door speaker amp. It is more difficult to notice the subs now. BTW the Infinity speakers I use play the midbass just fine. Personally I would prefer larger door speakers (8" or greater), but I have no room for them without serious modification. I'm sure there are better speakers out there, but I do not need to be told something I already know. All that matters is that I like my system.

Rowjoe when I got the Kicker subs I lowered the crossover on the subwoofer amp and the door speaker amp. It is more difficult to notice the subs now. BTW the Infinity speakers I use play the midbass just fine. Personally I would prefer larger door speakers (8" or greater), but I have no room for them without serious modification. I'm sure there are better speakers out there, but I do not need to be told something I already know. All that matters is that I like my system.
You should fix your sig.

There is no such thing as a Infinity Reference 60322i

That's nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.