Infinity speakers

It doesn't matter whether the Infinity speakers get the low end or not. That's what subwoofers are for. In my car I do not find them to be too bright. Now if I engager the 3 db boost switch on the tweeters then they are too bright. Personally if it were possible I would disconnect the Infinity tweeters and use some ribbon tweeters as IMHO they sound better than dome tweeters.
Ever heard of midbass?

The perfects have smoked the competition many times. People just hate.
I have the perfects and the low end is there. They are not going to substitue for for subs or anything, but if you don't need the loud boom, the perfects are more than satisfying. I am going to repost a comment I made about thse speakers in another thread.

"Infinity Perfects if you have the patience to let a speaker break in. I swear the best sound comes from these speakers of anything that I heard after 3 months of breaking in and they continue to get better with a smoother sound and more sound depth.

They are very natural, crispy, and extra loud too! Very good seperation and defined sound. Some people say they don't have base but they do and are still crystal clear.

Anyone who says they had these speakers for less than 2 months and think they are trash are either lying, or they are not properly powering the speakers. You just have to be more patient with speakers that require a lot of power than with speakers that are more efficient. It's worth the wait because efficient speakers can't output the sound resolution of a speaker that takes more power.

It's all about what satisfies you though!"
Are you smoking crack? Infinity speakers are VERY efficient.

Holy crap, there's so much misinformation in this thread.

I am one who likes Infinity. I currently have a pair of Kappa 6x9s and a pair of 60.9 that will be powered by a RF T400.4. I like how loud and clear they are. I use to have a pair of CDT CL-62s in my truck but I am going back to the Kappa's in my truck because they have became my favorite. I know there are other speakers but for me I have to give the Kappas two thumbs up.

I used to run infinity and kappa, never have heard the perfects. I never understood why the bad rap either. I thought they were good at the time, but the tweeters were just too bright for my taste. That doesn't make them bad. I prefer a smoother more natural sounding tweeter.

Ever heard of midbass?

Are you smoking crack? Infinity speakers are VERY efficient.

Holy crap, there's so much misinformation in this thread.

They are efficient, but they may not be as easy to break in and over come the resistance in speaker wire to get them sounding crystal clear, to point that you feel like the speaker has disappeared because the sound is so smooth.

They're not going to continue to break in after 3 months of use, unless you've barely been using them at all. Overcome the resistance of the speaker wire? What are you using, 4 gauge wire?

lol @ "they continue to get better with a smoother sound and more sound depth"

If anything, it's your ears man.

I agree. Every person has their likes and dislikes.
Again, ever heard of midbass? It's very beneficial to your entire "system" if your front woofers can play well in the midbass frequencies. If it's done right, your sub will be more difficult to localize and your woofers will blend better with it. Save up for some better speakers. I find it hard to believe a system can sound "off the chain" with Infinity Reference speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I have some Infinity Kappa 682.7cf speakers in the doors and rear deck of my 2006 Mustang GT. I am going to celebrate when I finally get around to replacing them! I will hang on to them in the event I ever return that car to stock and get rid of it though.

There is NO midbass response out of them and the tweeters are harsh enough to shatter glass.

i used to own a set of infinity reference components. i got rid of them after a couple of months because the violent bass air they were producing kept making my rear-view mirror fall off.

They are very natural, crispy, and extra loud too! Very good seperation and defined sound. Some people say they don't have base but they do and are still crystal clear.
I like how loud and clear they are.
don't mistake loud, harsh tweeters for clarity.

The reference series isnt the best. But I think they sound pretty decent. And no, my tweeters arent harsh. I have mine set at -3db, and ever since my HU install, the tweets quieted down a bit.

Midbass is severely lacking overall, but on some songs they do produce it ive noticed. On some techno, they move enough air to get my mirror shaking.

What's decent? Better than stock? Perhaps they are, but that's not saying a whole lot in many cases. Might as well just pony up $200 for a nice set of components (especially if you have an amp for them), instead of buying some budget Infinity garbage.

The infinity tweeters are usually bright out of the box, but once the cone is broken in, it should not be so, they should blend and just make your music sound mor acurate.

What's decent? Better than stock? Perhaps they are, but that's not saying a whole lot in many cases. Might as well just pony up $200 for a nice set of components (especially if you have an amp for them), instead of buying some budget Infinity garbage.
I bough them originally when I was planning to just go off HU power. Before I got into the audio scene. Compared to stock, it was a night and day difference. They sounded sooooo much cleaner.

I do plan on replacing them eventually just for the sake of trying something different. I Have vc100 tweeters on the way.

I dont think its fair to call them garbage. I dont you think you could find much so say about if you heard my setup in person.

The infinity tweeters are usually bright out of the box, but once the cone is broken in, it should not be so, they should blend and just make your music sound mor acurate.
Blend with what? You need to hear better stuff if those tweets aren't harsh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I bough them originally when I was planning to just go off HU power. Before I got into the audio scene. Compared to stock, it was a night and day difference. They sounded sooooo much cleaner.
I do plan on replacing them eventually just for the sake of trying something different. I Have vc100 tweeters on the way.

I dont think its fair to call them garbage. I dont you think you could find much so say about if you heard my setup in person.
I listen to a lot of metal and personally I thought the Reference set I had was pretty much garbage. It's hard to complain when they're under $100, but that was money that I could have used for something significantly better.

Those Blaupunkt tweeters seem very nice. How much did you get them for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.