Infinity speakers

Because opinions are like ******** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The only place these are decent is in the midrange. Tweeters are on the bright side with decent detail. The low end is non-existent.

Why don't some people like them because they are not that good. There are comps out there that better them for a lot less money, example PG RSd.

If you like them then that is great as you own them. We all like different stuff but IMO the Infinity comps are close to bottom of what is avaliable.

It doesn't matter whether the Infinity speakers get the low end or not. That's what subwoofers are for. In my car I do not find them to be too bright. Now if I engager the 3 db boost switch on the tweeters then they are too bright. Personally if it were possible I would disconnect the Infinity tweeters and use some ribbon tweeters as IMHO they sound better than dome tweeters.

The perfects have smoked the competition many times. People just hate.

I have the perfects and the low end is there. They are not going to substitue for for subs or anything, but if you don't need the loud boom, the perfects are more than satisfying. I am going to repost a comment I made about thse speakers in another thread.

"Infinity Perfects if you have the patience to let a speaker break in. I swear the best sound comes from these speakers of anything that I heard after 3 months of breaking in and they continue to get better with a smoother sound and more sound depth.

They are very natural, crispy, and extra loud too! Very good seperation and defined sound. Some people say they don't have base but they do and are still crystal clear.

Anyone who says they had these speakers for less than 2 months and think they are trash are either lying, or they are not properly powering the speakers. You just have to be more patient with speakers that require a lot of power than with speakers that are more efficient. It's worth the wait because efficient speakers can't output the sound resolution of a speaker that takes more power.

It's all about what satisfies you though!"

I agree that people just hate. Some have a certain brand they swear by and will diss all other brands even if the otners are better. I'm sure some speakers are better for certain types of music. I read that original post earlier today. I may have to check those speakers out. I like my Infinity Reference Series speakers, but I always strive to have the best a manufacturer has.

Make sure you have a good amplifier. You will need to push those speakers to their limits to break them in, otherwise they might sound messy. If they do, they are not getting enough power. They can actually pressurize your car with good sound and bass with out adding bass from your head unit with a good amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.