Infinity Kappas. . .

Tucker
10+ year member

Hey, I am very new to car audio, but have been working as DJ and sound tech now for three years, so I have a very keen ear that desires pristine sound! I have decided to put 4 infinity Kappa Perfects (100w rms) in my '96 cherokee. What four channel amp would you reccomend for under $300? Thanks.

Tucker

My favorite 4 channel amp is Alpine. They have two models that can be found for under $300. I can't remember the model numbers, but they put out something like 35 watts per channel and 40 watts per channel. Doesn't sound like much, but they put out big sound, accurate and clear. A $300 budget with loud clean power doesn't leave a huge range of amps available. Check out some of the on-line stores listed on the caraudio.com main page. Just ignore the amps made by Pyramid, Mobile Authority, or Legacy. Post any amps that fit in your price range with the specs that you are looking for and you will get some good feedback here.

natem,

Thanks. A coulple questions-

1. What could I get for a $50 budget increase? $75?

2. If I went with one of those alpines you reccomended that deliver no more than 40 watts rms/channel, would it match well with my speakers that handle 100w rms each? I would just be concerned that I wouldn't be getting my moneys worth of my speakers if they were only being fed less than half of their potential.

Would those speakers be worth getting if I'm only going to power them with 40w rms a piece.

What do you think about this amp, Rockford Fostage 600.4? I belive it's 75w /channel (4 channels).

Thanks,

Tucker

ppi also makes great 4 channel amps, but are a bit pricey. 40X4 is actually a lot of power if ur not looking for too much. i have 40x4 and if i turn the gain up, i cant hear anything when i step out my car, but then again, it does sound like crap with the gain all the way up lol. i think the fosgate 600.4 would suit ur needs well, but if i could get a 4 channel alpine or ppi instead, then i would.

PPI do make some amazing amps. I wouldn't go with the fosgate for a four channel amp though. I've always looked at fosgate as more of a raw power, sub amp. Don't get me wrong, their amps are great, just I wouldn't use one to power kappa perfect components. Apine V12's are clean crisp amps. One of my favorite amps that have unparalleled output and clarity for the money are eclipse amps. Notably, the model 3243 or 3244, it puts out 85X4 rms @ 4ohms and 120X4 @ 2ohms. This amp I would compare in clarity and output to the $1000 Xtant 4 channel. The only difference is about 400 to 500 dollars. Either way you go, those perfects are goin to sound unbelievable with the right amp and amount of power. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.