Infinity Kappa Five Amplifier Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmorman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Iowa
Back in 2009 I purchased an Infinity Kappa Five amplifier That looks like the picture here:

My current Kappa Five (LINK)

Due to a possible grounding issue 3 weeks ago, I get to replace it. I can't be too mad, it lasted 14 years. :)

I found one of these new in the box for $299

The possible replacement Kappa Five (LINK)

I was trying to find out when the one I'm looking at as a possible replacement Kappa Five was the current model? I ASSUME(?) it is newer than my current one? The only Kappa model I see currently on Infinity's web site is a 4 channel. The only 5 channel is a "Reference" model that, if I read correctly, is not as good as what I'm replacing.

It appears that the one I'm looking at buying has a slightly higher output than my current model. I just don't want to downgrade.

If somebody can confirm the replacement amp is a newer model and that it isn't a performance downgrade, I'd be in your debt.

Thank you,
Russ

Last edited:
5 ch amps ****. They are for suckers. Get a quality 4ch amp, and a sub amp that works. The best amp advice you can get is to stop buying 5 ch amps, because there is A VERY SLIM chance that your mids and highs are getting the right power, and your sub is also getting the right power, unless you settled on which speakers to get because they were close to that amp.

If you insist on going with a 5 channel amp, here is a decent unit from Recoil for $285.00

https://www.recoilaudio.com/product...-mono-1-ohm-stable-remote-bass-knob-included/

$80.00 less than the infinity, twice the output on the 4 main channels and 4 times the output on the 5th channel. And if the specs are to be believed, the Recoil kind of puts the Infinity to shame. They get good review on several, non-sponsored YouTube’rs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...