Infinity KAPPA203S 2"

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive been looking at these for quite some time to add with some of my CDT 3 way Xovers

They are amazing and at that price, they are a steal! Incredible how much depth such a small speaker can have. I have a pair in the pillars and another pair in sealed door enclosures. They do perfectly IB or sealed. You gain a little
More depth to the sound, gives them a deeper tone when run sealed but it’s not a drastic difference.

They are amazing and at that price, they are a steal! Incredible how much depth such a small speaker can have. I have a pair in the pillars and another pair in sealed door enclosures. They do perfectly IB or sealed. You gain a little
More depth to the sound, gives them a deeper tone when run sealed but it’s not a drastic difference.
Ive deff been eyeballing these for a while. I did pick up some SSA Evil 6.5s BNIB 4ohm to put in the Kicks and not use the Eruo Sport M6 CDT this next build. Trying to do different things/switching up a little bit. Ill have approx 120 watts RMS for them. Thanks for the Feedback on those. Looks like Ill be picking up 2 sets then by Xmas

I have these but the Orange Basket/older ES series. Ill try the Evils out see how that goes

Amazon product ASIN B001O6V7WE

Ive deff been eyeballing these for a while. I did pick up some SSA Evil 6.5s BNIB 4ohm to put in the Kicks and not use the Eruo Sport M6 CDT this next build. Trying to do different things/switching up a little bit. Ill have approx 120 watts RMS for them. Thanks for the Feedback on those. Looks like Ill be picking up 2 sets then by Xmas

I have these but the Orange Basket/older ES series. Ill try the Evils out see how that goes

Amazon product ASIN B001O6V7WE
The fs on those ssa look like more midrange than a midbass imo

Those do look nice. I’ve always had an affinity for infinity.
I just love the ability to effectively cover that 500-3500 Hz band with a driver that does not require that i cut an extra hole in the door metal. Almost seems like the dome mid was designed for car 3-way use in a car. While a like a small-sh cone driver, can't argue the effective use and ease of installations these drivers provide - especially with an active DSP system, seems like the best way to upgrade my 2-way system. I'm going to get them, put the rear fill t-ways on passives, move the FDP-4.600 to power the front 6.5" and the rear 6.5" two way with passives, run the AC 4.300 to the (new) front mid/tweeter configuration. OI really like these Pioneer dual layer Twaron fiber 6.5s and the aluminum tweeters are very nice too. That gives me 150 watts to the 4ohm 6.5's, about 65 watts to the mids and 50 watts to the tweeters. Thinking that x-over points will be 500/3500. With the DM 810's option for 12/24 db Linkwitz-Riley x-overs, should bea nice setup!

Last edited:
I just love the ability to effectively cover that 500-3500 Hz band with a driver that does not require that i cut an extra hole in the door metal. Almost seems like the dome mid was designed for car 3-way use. While a like a small-sh cone driver, can't argue the effective use and ease of installations these drivers provide - especially with an active DSP system, seems like the best way to upgrade my 2-way system. I'm going to get them, put the rear fill t-ways on passives, move the FDP-4.600 to power the front 6.5" and the rear 6.5" two way with passives, run the AC 4.300 to the (new) front mid/tweeter configuration. OI really like these Pioneer dual layer Twaron fiber 6.5s and the aluminum tweeters are very nice too. That gives me 150 watts to the 4ohm 6.5's, about 65 watts to the mids and 50 watts to the tweeters. Thinking that x-over points will be 500/3500. With the DM 810's option for 12/24 db Linkwitz-Riley x-overs, should bea nice setup!
That sounds like a good start. I have 200 watts to my 6,5 midbass, 35 watts on my 3.5 inch midrange and 40 watts on my tweeter, but I’ve played with the gain settings in the DSP, so I’m not sure what my real world final wattage is. Midbass is probably being fed closest to its actual wattage since they need more oomph being down at the legs. My midrange and tweeter are next the the pillar up high, so they can actually be too loud if cranked at rms wattage. my midbass is running 65-300 HZ, midrange 300-5000 and tweeter 5000-open. I use linkwitz-Riley on most of the crossovers, except the low pass on the subwoofer, where I will use butterworth if I’m using a 6th order bandpass enclosure.

That sounds like a good start. I have 200 watts to my 6,5 midbass, 35 watts on my 3.5 inch midrange and 40 watts on my tweeter, but I’ve played with the gain settings in the DSP, so I’m not sure what my real world final wattage is. Midbass is probably being fed closest to its actual wattage since they need more oomph being down at the legs. My midrange and tweeter are next the the pillar up high, so they can actually be too loud if cranked at rms wattage. my midbass is running 65-300 HZ, midrange 300-5000 and tweeter 5000-open. I use linkwitz-Riley on most of the crossovers, except the low pass on the subwoofer, where I will use butterworth if I’m using a 6th order bandpass enclosure.
Nice, I will have to play with the high end, might bump that 3.5khz to around 4.5, 5khz depending on the characteristics of the dome, we'll see. The infinity mid is efficient, 94db efficient. I'm not concerned about that 65 watts, pretty sure I'll be turning the mid gains down!

So dope! The guy dropped it another $14, like a typical addict, I jumped at the fix!!!

1701113034474.png

To Infinity and beyond!!!

Last edited:
Those do look nice. I’ve always had an affinity for infinity.
I still have some 6.5 Kappa fiber coned components. Tweets didnt last but I put a pair in place with CDT Audio DRT25 and that Combo still sounds fantastic. Infinity still make some really great speakers. Kappas are some of my favorites. Excellent mids for sure

The fs on those ssa look like more midrange than a midbass imo
If i can keep them below 50 and in the 40s I think Ill be ok with that. If not the Euro Sport M6 going back in..LOL. Ive got a few other to play with also. Ill make some quick connections on the supply side so I dont have to mess with too much of a headache . Ill see where I can get then to play at

So dope! The guy dropped it another $14, like a typical addict, I jumped at the fix!!!

View attachment 54830

To Infinity and beyond!!!
I like when they send a lower offer..LOL 😂 😂 😂. Im same way. Ill jump on it of Im not careful... I snagged 4) of these from a Data Tech last Saturday for $700 bucks to use in my next build. Apparently they ordered 7 too many. The lowest was resting at 12.7v. I need get them inside actually.I forgot about them being in the back seat of my truck👀👀:poop:! Hard to pass them up.
I didnt read on how heavy these jokers were. Hopefully they will serve well. Its been a few years since Ive used Odyssey.. like 7 years maybe?

Attachments

• 20231125_121827.jpg
    20231125_121827.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231125_121829.jpg
    20231125_121829.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 16
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...