ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
someone is selling one near me
incriminator audio judge 15 for 400$
is this a good deal?
i live in hawaii so shipping for any sub is ridiculous
currently i have a psi platform 2 12" running off a cab1600
buying it and running with the cab1600 for now would it be a big difference in sound?

Retail is $689 so depending on condition I’d say it’s a good deal (given your location too). That cab won’t push this near its potential so I’d say upgrade your amp too.

Buy a MD8k for it. You'll get enough power after rise so you can turn the gain down. You want 3kw AFTER rise clean seeing that it's a 3 inch 8 layer coil

Retail is $689 so depending on condition I’d say it’s a good deal (given your location too). That cab won’t push this near its potential so I’d say upgrade your amp too.
I want to eventually upgrade my cab1600 but it's almost impossible to upgrade my alternator which is a stock 110amp
Was thinking run a 2nd battery if anything

I mean, there's only 50 amps that would work. About 45 of them are clone boards from korea. The best price/power are the taramps
would 2 psi platform 2 be just as good as 1 incrinminator audio judge 15 or the psi would be a better fit?
i was thinking either slapping in another 12 because i already have one psi platform 2
or get the incriminator since theyre both about 400
either run 2 12's or 1 15 which is better?

Two 12s will be louder. That 15 doesnt pull ahead unless you buy a gigantic amp.
if i get the 15 i would probably get the taramps md8000 down the road
with the plat2's i would just sit on the cab until i can find something that would go well with it
unless you have an amp in mind for the plat 2 thats better than the cab1600

if i get the 15 i would probably get the taramps md8000 down the road
with the plat2's i would just sit on the cab until i can find something that would go well with it
unless you have an amp in mind for the plat 2 thats better than the cab1600
MD5k would be fine provided you know how to detect clipping. It really depends. 1 15 can be louder due to possible phase issues.

I'm not sure why Jeff says the 15 would need more power? Usually it's the other way around because of more power dissipation through the coils. Then again, I can't see the coil size of the plat 2's on their website. Ideally you want 3k clean for a 3 inch 8 layer coil and 5-7kw clean for a 4 inch 4 layer coil.

MD5k would be fine provided you know how to detect clipping. It really depends. 1 15 can be louder due to possible phase issues.

I'm not sure why Jeff says the 15 would need more power? Usually it's the other way around because of more power dissipation through the coils. Then again, I can't see the coil size of the plat 2's on their website. Ideally you want 3k clean for a 3 inch 8 layer coil and 5-7kw clean for a 4 inch 4 layer coil.
less cone area, you need more power to make up for that loss. The single woofer is less efficient than two 2.5 inch coils as well.

less cone area, you need more power to make up for that loss. The single woofer is less efficient than two 2.5 inch coils as well.
Yeah I guess there's more cone area than I remember for 2 12's but all things considered most of the time 1 15 is louder simply due to the fact that people don't put enough power to 2 12's considering there's twice as much power required.

In that context, 2 12's with say 2.5 inch coils will definitely be louder than a single 15 with a 3 inch 8 layer coil (provided there's no phase issues with the 12's..). It's important to note that a single 15 on the same power with a 2.5 inch coil would be around the same loudness or louder, in theory anyway. This is all speculation lol

Yeah I guess there's more cone area than I remember for 2 12's but all things considered most of the time 1 15 is louder simply due to the fact that people don't put enough power to 2 12's considering there's twice as much power required.

In that context, 2 12's with say 2.5 inch coils will definitely be louder than a single 15 with a 3 inch 8 layer coil (provided there's no phase issues with the 12's..). It's important to note that a single 15 on the same power with a 2.5 inch coil would be around the same loudness or louder, in theory anyway. This is all speculation lol

well a CAB 1600 on a single 3000 rms 15 or two 1500 rms 12s? the 12s will be louder hands down because they are both around the same level of underpowered just one has more cone area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.