10 inch subwoofer that will handle 2kw for music?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Golfnut

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi folks, some years ago (9-10) I used to work in the car stereo industry in sales and had a pretty reasonable understanding of product in the market, not so much the case now!

I’m looking for a woofer for my daily driver a BMW F36 4 Series Gran Coupe (Fancy term for a hatch back). I’ve got a Crossfire VR2000D to run it, so roughly 2kw of amp power and I’ve been suggested to run it in a 4th order.

I’m leaning towards a Crescendo Contralto 10 at the moment, any feedback on this would be great or any suggestions on what else to look at.

Thanks!

Adam

look at the TS parameters and plug the numbers into an EBP calculator (google that exact term) and if its around 50 and under, you are good to go with 4th order. An EBP around 60 or higher, the sub will be extremely mediocre in a 4th and you'll be 10x better off with a normal ported or a 6th order.

look at the TS parameters and plug the numbers into an EBP calculator (google that exact term) and if its around 50 and under, you are good to go with 4th order. An EBP around 60 or higher, the sub will be extremely mediocre in a 4th and you'll be 10x better off with a normal ported or a 6th order.
Thanks for the advice, I have a lot more experience working with normal ported enclosures so will definitely look that up.

whadda bout a crossfire c7? there is lots of options but me personally wouldn't want to tear my nice beemer up with 2k and a big ass 4th order box but dats jus me

I used to have 8 15s in a wall in my Corolla Alltrack Wagon back in the day, so this is pretty tame for me. :)

I’ll check that C7 out, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.