I'm new and looking for advice based on my budget.

You're main problem is that you're on a budget and you keep going to online retailers, use eBay or the Classified Section on this forum.

THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME, eBay (or CA.com Classifieds) WILL HAVE THE LOWEST PRICE THAN ANY CAR AUDIO STORE.

That's where I saved money and didn't have to cut corners. Buy batteries, amps, speakers, and subs off of eBay. Sometimes you can get Headunits cheaper from online stores, but most of the time eBay will have the best price. Get your wiring from Knuconceptz and finally, have your box built locally at the place that is also doing installation (will be cheaper than prefab, and sound better)

You're main problem is that you're on a budget and you keep going to online retailers, use eBay or the Classified Section on this forum.
THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME, eBay (or CA.com Classifieds) WILL HAVE THE LOWEST PRICE THAN ANY CAR AUDIO STORE.

That's where I saved money and didn't have to cut corners. Buy batteries, amps, speakers, and subs off of eBay. Sometimes you can get Headunits cheaper from online stores, but most of the time eBay will have the best price. Get your wiring from Knuconceptz and finally, have your box built locally at the place that is also doing installation (will be cheaper than prefab, and sound better)
Honestly, if his dad has a problem with authorized online retailers, what are the chances he'll go with others online that aren't authorized and have no guarantees?

I'm in the same boat here. You gotta live with it, and deal with the higher prices.

Exactly Pluto. My dad already dislikes buying online, so the odds he'll want me to buy from the classifieds section or eBay is 0%.

Is woofersetc.com an authorized dealer for most brands, anyway? I didn't think they were...

The guy I just went to today proposed some other stuff, but I think his prices were high and he didn't write down model numbers, so I can't really search any of the things he showed me.

woofers is authorized for some things and some things they are not. to make sure if they are authorized roper just go to the acutal companies site and see what they have listed. i can assure you they are an ID dealer lol. there are 4 id dealers in the ny area if you'd care to see them first but i'm not sure how many are close to u.

I check them all already horseman, none of which are even remotely close to where I am.

I don't think i'm going with ID anyway, the guy I just went to said he had some good Boston Acoustics components for me, as well as rear speakers, but I can't look up the prices or anything because he didn't give me model numbers. I can tell you what he did write though:

Kenwood HU - $160

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=6339

Boston Acoustics Components - $199

Boston Acoustics Rear Speaks - $125

Rockford Fosgate Subs - $99 each

Kenwood 1000w amp - $180

Kenwood 800w amp - $200

Installation - $350 - $400

After some looking around, it all seems pretty high priced. Maybe someone else can attempt to decipher that list, but my guesses are as good as yours.

BA is some good stuffcan't go wrong with them. look like he's going with the sx line

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065SX50/Boston-Acoustics-SX50.html?search=boston+acoustic&tp=106
Hopefully it's those and he isn't actually just charging me $200 for a set that isn't as good.

Honestly, though I said the guy is expensive, he was really nice, willing to work with us a bit, and knew his stuff front to back. He knows the prices and how to do business, and Sound Trax have been operating in the area for probably almost 20 years.

Well, i'm going to take it step by step, i'm gonna go back and ask him to give me some more detailed information, like model numbers, maybe a close price.

Unfortunately, my dad is going away for a week and so i'll probably have to wait until next week to get some more information.

Dude you're Dad's ****ing retarded then if he wont let you buy off of eBay or For/Sale Forums. I hate people that waste money when they don't have to. Especially because of some ignorant old fashioned **** head.

I hate dumb people. You're dad has to be the dumbest person in the history of dumbness.

Sorry but it pisses me off to hear such lack of common sense on a supposed mature individual.

eBay sales are by far the safest as far as online transaction goes, trust me I know. I worked for various different eBay companies. eBay will usually be 100% smooth as long as you bid safely. Example, that's why they have Feedback on eBay. eBay stores usually have 95-100% feedback. Meaning it guarantees you will get your item on time, or money back under any circumstance.

Hey, you ignorant ****, how about you stop talking so much **** about my dad and go jack off to saving money or something.

You hate dumb people but you seem to be one yourself, **** hypocrite.

Hey, you ignorant ****, how about you stop talking so much **** about my dad and go jack off to saving money or something.
You hate dumb people but you seem to be one yourself, **** hypocrite.
Coming from the guy who's dad wont let him save money, LMAO. You will lose this argument. You're dad doesn't realize that eBay is one of the largest and most established online companies. He's a douche, and so are you.

"You will not win this argument."

What argument? You stupid prick, i'm not arguing with you, i'm upset that he won't let me order stuff offline, but this isn't a matter of saving money, it's a matter of you being a stupid ******.

Whether he lets me order car audio online or not, my dad is not dumb, and not a douche. So hopefully, you will realize that you are an unfortunate child. Or, if you are above the age of 12 (highly unlikely), you may want to grow up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.