Im looking for suggestions for new subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skoty422
10+ year member

Well I was trying to decide weither I should recone my old jlw3 10's since I blew the surround off them or get new ones. Xmas is around the corner and I'm ready to buy so can someone please help me out. I have a rf power 1500bd and I want to mount them under the rear seat of my Chevy silverado pickup. I don't care if you suggest brand new or if you suggest used or even repairing the old subs, just please leave a suggestion because everything will be considered heavily and I'm running out of time to buy. I listen to a lot of rock so I need something kinda punchy. Thankz everyone as I try to finish my install using all audio from here.

Been working my sac off! Haven't had time to find or repair subs so I'm giving this a shot before I make a move. But I'm ready for some puppies under that back seat. Lol

How's everything going on your end Jim?

Man at this point I have nothing in mind. I'm open to all suggestions. What do u have in mind? As far as budget I'm not competing, just everyday listener so I don't wanna get crazy.

i have some dd 1508 subs they will take 1200 watts rms per pair.no competitions anymore .they are for sale too with the box or with out.i have 5 total

Can u email or txt me a pic. And give me some info in general about other speakers too. Even if I decide against those you may still be able to help me get what I'm looking for. You know I am gonna use that Rockford amp , power 1500 bd. and I want the speakers under the seat of my truck. And I want a clean looking install. What is the speaker I can use with that setup that will produce the loudest bass? Hardest bass? Best bass? This also includes your advice on box designs that I could use, under the seat, as well.

If I can get one sub at $500 that would outperform two subs at $500 then I'm going for the one sub. Now I'm not saying I want to spend that much on a sub I'm just clarifying the type of advice I seek.

And I do have another Rockford punch 800a2 and I can get a jl1000.1 for $200 from a friend if those would be better for a sub/amp setup. Thanks Jim for your help in the past. And just now. And thanks to anyone else that gives their advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.