I'm inFInitely Baffled.

look familiar Ramos :p

We had the diyma meet at your team mates house.

IMG_6572.jpg

so JB, anyway to get a summary:)
Is this still an IB thread or just a JB posting ground:p
The latter.

my sub is IB'd. Midbass is IB'd in the doors. Midrange... somewhat IB'd in the kicks. Tweets... are tweets.

the rest is crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so why the extreme effort in sealing off the trunk. Is it now just a really big sealed enclosure now?:p

Seems like an awful lot of work instead of just throwing them *****es back there...ya know..baffled...

so why the extreme effort in sealing off the trunk. Is it now just a really big sealed enclosure now?:p
Seems like an awful lot of work instead of just throwing them *****es back there...ya know..baffled...
It's pretty much a large sealed enclosure. As long as the front and rear waves are seperated, i'm good. The effort was fun and educational, so I didn't mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's pretty much a large sealed enclosure. As long as the front and rear waves are seperated, i'm good. The effort was fun and educational, so I didn't mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And that should be the true reason to do things.

I did my friend's stereo install for free because I like being able to work on his car >.> Well, and he was a friend, but still. 6-7 hours of work.

So you are saying its cool to run 2 Fi IB 15s in a 15 cubic foot box ported

****.. I'm liking that.
The trunk is sealed off from the cabin - creating a true IB. It's not sealing the trunk from the outside air.
ummm..no...

And that should be the true reason to do things.
I did my friend's stereo install for free because I like being able to work on his car >.> Well, and he was a friend, but still. 6-7 hours of work.
I do like to have fun....but no.

James made the statement, as long as the front was seperated from the back, he's good. That's all it takes to make an infinite baffle. Sealing it off isn't really necessary for the term to apply. My questions were going to delve into the application of this IB set-up without all the holes sealed to see if it sounded different than with.

In truth, I wanted to see if we would have some chat about this here IB to see if someone thought it was necessary and if so, why? IOW, we're here to learn, no?

If it involved air volume and whther or not it needed to be sealed, why would they use the term "baffle" if not considering baffle size or BSC?

ummm..no...

I do like to have fun....but no.

James made the statement, as long as the front was seperated from the back, he's good. That's all it takes to make an infinite baffle. Sealing it off isn't really necessary for the term to apply. My questions were going to delve into the application of this IB set-up without all the holes sealed to see if it sounded different than with.

In truth, I wanted to see if we would have some chat about this here IB to see if someone thought it was necessary and if so, why? IOW, we're here to learn, no?

If it involved air volume and whther or not it needed to be sealed, why would they use the term "baffle" if not considering baffle size or BSC?
Oic.

That's what I meant. Sealing off the front, which is the cabin, from the rear, which is the trunk/outside air //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was going off more the definition of IB - rather than the practical application.

When I did my IB setup... I left most of the holes open at first. When I came back and sealed them about a week later, it didn't seem quite as airy. As in, it had a bit more punch, and a deeper resonance to it. However, I won't deny that that could be just my perception of it. There was not a large difference that I noticed, and since it's not easy to go back and forth, my mind could be playing tricks on me.

I would imagine they help in separating off the sound waves.

And yes, I'd agree we're here to learn. So feel free to debate anything with me. I'm 17 years old with a high school education, there's no way in hell I know it all :p 'Tis a fun hobby though. I enjoy doing the installs and tweaking stuff lol. Kind of like engine work - and the results are enjoyable, too.

Oic.
That's what I meant. Sealing off the front, which is the cabin, from the rear, which is the trunk/outside air //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was going off more the definition of IB - rather than the practical application.

When I did my IB setup... I left most of the holes open at first. When I came back and sealed them about a week later, it didn't seem quite as airy. As in, it had a bit more punch, and a deeper resonance to it. However, I won't deny that that could be just my perception of it. There was not a large difference that I noticed, and since it's not easy to go back and forth, my mind could be playing tricks on me.

I would imagine they help in separating off the sound waves.

And yes, I'd agree we're here to learn. So feel free to debate anything with me. I'm 17 years old with a high school education, there's no way in hell I know it all :p 'Tis a fun hobby though. I enjoy doing the installs and tweaking stuff lol. Kind of like engine work - and the results are enjoyable, too.
I'm a middleaged highschool dropout that just likes fuggin with James Bang:cool:

Seriously, though, I was just trying to get some educational juices flowing. What better way than while messing with JB? Plus he's my Camry mentor so I gotta nitpick his pics to death.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm a middleaged highschool dropout that just likes fuggin with James Bang:cool:
Seriously, though, I was just trying to get some educational juices flowing. What better way than while messing with JB? Plus he's my Camry mentor so I gotta nitpick his pics to death.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Can't fault that reasoning there ^^

So you are saying its cool to run 2 Fi IB 15s in a 15 cubic foot box ported
Sure why not. I'd choose different subs though. and a different box. and a different brain.

Anyhow. In a car, technically, you can't have an infinite baffle.. unless your car is coupled to the ground it's parked on.

Some call this type of setup: Trunk Baffle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

James Bang

5,000+ posts
Hand/Ear Coordination
James Bang
^
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date