DLS vs Rainbow 6.5s

Hi everyone,

I am town between two sets of 6.5s. There are actually two battles I am having.

DLS Ultimate Nobelium 6.2 vs. Rainbow CS 265 Vanadium Kick

(if i wanna spend the $)

or

DLS UP6i vs. Rainbow SLC 265.25 KICK

My am is an Infinity Kappa Four 125 RMS. I know they are different leagues. I listen to all types of music. I like treble. I like rap, country, talk, stern, rock, metal, classical, R&B. It is all over the map.

Advice please!

Head over to SRQ Customs. They are a Hertz dealer. Check some of their stuff out.

Or if youre interested in meeting local people, hearing about shows, and being on a forum where everyone is personal friends, check out FloridaSPL Forum.

i heard a few DLS and rainbow sets but its been years so i cannot comment but what i can say is the CDT ES6s and the ES-02 are some of the most impressive speakers i have yet to hear.

also i can say that ethier set properly installed will provide you with excellent sound stage depth and clarity..

id advise stay away from the infinity amp there are better amps on the market..

also you might beable to get the mids and tweeters seperate and get something like the soundstream reference for a decent price and use its built in crossovers which are superior to most of the passives on the market.. or you can go with a qulity xover from zapco or arc in line with a decent amp such as soundstreams TRA series or sundowns amps etc..

im just not fond of passives when you can get a good active xover for a 2 way set for the same price if not cheaper and they offer no phase issues..

I am really glade i god my es02.. althought there not very efficient there still louder than the 1" soft domes and are blatantly superior to any 1" tweeter iver hear in midrange detail output and transparency.. i fell alot of 2 way sets lakc ehtier 1 or the following 3.. highend/air-midrange warmth-or midbass extension and output. the 2 way tweer being able to be crossed @ 1k with a 12bd octave xover and using hte higher displacment midbass/range driver offers excellent blend of all of the above with the only exception is efficiency Vs a good 3way but its some much easier to properly place the 2 ways more often than not your going to get better soundstage...

Head over to SRQ Customs. They are a Hertz dealer. Check some of their stuff out.
Or if youre interested in meeting local people, hearing about shows, and being on a forum where everyone is personal friends, check out FloridaSPL Forum.
Thanks for the recommendation Gmonk. True, I don't sell either the DLS or the Rainbow, I can't think of a dealer within 100 miles of Sarasota who does. I have heard both, and they are excellent, they just don't fit in my product mix.

I do have the Hertz Mille and Audison Voce speakers on display for you to hear. Both of them are truly outstanding and deserve a few minutes of your time to demo. I would say everyone who has heard the Milles in my shop have said they were the best speakers they had ever heard. I also have a set of the Mille installed in my BMW that I can demo for you to hear what they really sound like in a car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.