if u could own your own shop.....

Originally posted by crhye250r My least favorite part of installing there, is we do some installs of product the customers bring in.. And to say the least its a pain in the ass. For instance today, i installed two Pyramid "Hyper Pro" twelves and a Boss amp in a 85 Ford LTD. I could have thrown up. But..thats part of the job.
I totally understand. It's always fun to get those Jensen decks, install them and find out the are DOA out of the box. Then the customer doesn't want to pay for the laybor because they didn't get a working product.

Originally posted by crhye250r

Well heres the pic of the lexus. I have more pics if anyone would like to see...Trust me...its worth taking a look at..
Wow, that looks good. Please post more, or give a link. Was that port perfectly smooth after fiberglassing, or did someone have to smooth it out with body filler and sanding? If so, I really feel for them. That had to be tough.

BTW, if you want to see some custom stuff my shop has done, check here.

Here's an example of a deck we did under the dash of a caddy:

304268_50_full.jpg

:p Its not a port...its a tunnel going from there into the cabin through the back armrest. Heres a pic from the inside, and that tunnel took us hours and hours of sanding.

wow, you guys have/have done some AWESOME installs. steven, a brahma in a center console?! ahhhhhh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif nicely done guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-nate

Staples:

HU's

JVC

Blaupunkt

Pioneer

Clarion

Nakamichi

Subs

DEI

Adire

RE

Digital Designs

Amps

DEI

Hifonics

JBL

Clarion

Linear Power or US Amps

Mids

DEI

Adire

Seas

Peerless

Vifa

Eton

Pioneer

Processors

Audiocontrol

Linear power

DEI

install

Metra

Scoche

KnuConepts

Stinger

SVR batteries

Batcaps

Second Skin

I would also carry full lines of

MTX, Crunch, and Kicker

so I can make some money. ignorance runs rampant here in Arizona. Since we have DEI and fosgate here, the valley has been brain washed in to beliving nothing is better than ppi, orion fosgate mtx and JL audio

I would also hold some shows to get some product awareness. there are never any shows out here.

sux

When I open up my shop, i'm going to carry whatever the customer wants, and eve have contacts for the lower sellers.

Basically, If you want it, I'll get it. MTX, pioneer, alpine, RF,Pheonix, everything even pyramid and road gear. whatever the customer wants

In stock, I'd only keep a few top-name brands, and the best sellers.

as for installs: I'd charge $40/hr. If you bought your equipment at my shop - 1st 2 hours free, and no charge for shop supplies (shrinkwrap, solder, wire loom, etc.). If you bought elsewhere, full charge for everything.

3 car audio shops in town only 1 left.. i hate when a business is shady like when u show up with any sub and they say its not good..or only there friends are around and they dont take time to help u..

Originally posted by CarAudioAddict When I open up my shop, i'm going to carry whatever the customer wants, and eve have contacts for the lower sellers.

Basically, If you want it, I'll get it. MTX, pioneer, alpine, RF,Pheonix, everything even pyramid and road gear. whatever the customer wants

In stock, I'd only keep a few top-name brands, and the best sellers.

as for installs: I'd charge $40/hr. If you bought your equipment at my shop - 1st 2 hours free, and no charge for shop supplies (shrinkwrap, solder, wire loom, etc.). If you bought elsewhere, full charge for everything.
sounds good in theory......lets see how well it works out in reality....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.