if u could own your own shop.....

A half bath is just a toilet, generally, some architects consider it half with just a toilet and sink. But most half baths are just a toilet...nothing else.

Originally posted by Aurorav8 A half bath is just a toilet, generally, some architects consider it half with just a toilet and sink. But most half baths are just a toilet...nothing else.
aight thats what i was thinking for a bit. u would have to be some retard to have half a bathtub. some little kid might like that, just tell him to build a dam to hold the water in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by jbl_marshall21 i'd sell ED, JL (for a reasonable price), adire, alpine, respl, pioneer, kicker.

i'd do some custom installs and alot of everyday installs. The custom ones i'd charge a bit but the everyday ones would only take me about hour so maybe 20-30 bucks for every amp that i would install. i'd have 2 competions every year. I'd also have some car audio education classes for the retards and explain and show what good subs have for parts and then show the **** subs parts.

i think i would have the best shop in town.
I'd do all installs for free...and sell at cost most of the time...it's not fair making customers pay more for something than I paid myself

Originally posted by jbl_marshall21 aight thats what i was thinking for a bit. u would have to be some retard to have half a bathtub. some little kid might like that, just tell him to build a dam to hold the water in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
most little kids depise taking baths. he wouldnt make no dam... he/she would look at you like you are a fool for making him hold in his own bath water..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Originally posted by b0mbrman I'd do all installs for free...and sell at cost most of the time...it's not fair making customers pay more for something than I paid myself
You wouldn't be owning a shop for very long that way. Can't run a business without making money.

well for me its jus a matter of time before i have my shop....but whats going to make me diff......is honesty.....im not going to sell somone something thats not suited to what they want for a profit.....

Originally posted by Aurorav8 You wouldn't be owning a shop for very long that way. Can't run a business without making money.
Yeah, but I'd definitely be the coolest shop owner...and people on the internet wouldn't make talk bad about me

Originally posted by hihoslva I would try to carry lots of high-profit items, along with the GOOD stuff.

We can all dream, but money is where it's at - you can't run a business just selling what you want - you have sell what the customers want - and that includes all the stuff we know is crap. But there is a big market for modest priced equipment.

$20-$30 for an amp install will run you out of business pretty quickly. You need to charge $60 per hour minimum to make ends meet. If an amp install takes an hour, and say you can do 10 a day, $300 a day won't even begin to pay the bills. A well run business should make at least $1000 profit per day on average to survive, especially if you have employees. If you have three non-installer employees, your big $300 daily is gone before you get it.

Maybe it sounds like a lot of money, but it's not.

Quality work deserves a quality price. I would charge $75-$100 an hour, plus materials for any install. And I'd hire people who know what they are doing, so a car never has to come back with install problems.

I would also have a well-run demo section (not like the crap rooms Circuit City and other shops slap together), including one really BAD setup, so people can hear what a crappy, distorted system sounds like, and learn why.

~HH
If you open a shop, you better hire my ass!!

Originally posted by hihoslva $300 - $400 a day? Are you including the taxes? Or the mortgage/rent on the structure itself? What about insurance? Supplies? Repairs?

And BTW - where I live is a very expensive place. Not trying to say it's nicer than anywhere else - but the cost of living is quite high.

Example: The house I just bought (3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 50 years old) was a shade under $300k - on 1/4 acre of land. And the taxes on the property are $7 grand a year. For a little more than a postage stamp. My car insurance alone (two newer vehicles) is almost $4000 a year (with not the worst driving records for me and the wife).

So it's a pricey place to live, and business have to charge more to survive.

But nonetheless - I can't believe for a second that it costs $300-$400 TOTAL to run that camp you were talking about. There must be costs you have not taken into account - lots of them.

~HH
and you are the reason why people should learn how to install THEIR OWN GODDAM ****!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i'm not dissing you because what youve said is very true, but the truth hurts (hurts the wallet in particular).

-nate

Originally posted by hihoslva I would also have a well-run demo section (not like the crap rooms Circuit City and other shops slap together), including one really BAD setup, so people can hear what a crappy, distorted system sounds like, and learn why.

~HH
I'm sure the people in your town would love if there was a store with all the high-end brands and with a good demo section so that they could hear everything set up correctly and decide what they wanted...and then order it online at a price you could never match //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I would carry-

HU's:

Pioneer

Alpine

Clarion

Kenwood

Amps:

Alpine

US Acoustics

Soundstream

RF

Kicker

JL

Hifonics

Directed

Crossfire

Tsunami

MTX

Audiobahn

Speakers/Subs:

Alpine

RF

Kicker

JL

Infinity

MTX

MB Quart

Focal

Audiobahn

I'd try to get authorized for Adire/RE/eD/etc...

Also I'd get Ant to give me a bunch of SS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You gotta take the mainstream brands like Kicker, RF, MTX etc. because that's what most people want...the stuff with the big name...

Originally posted by hihoslva $300 - $400 a day? Are you including the taxes? Or the mortgage/rent on the structure itself? What about insurance? Supplies? Repairs?

And BTW - where I live is a very expensive place. Not trying to say it's nicer than anywhere else - but the cost of living is quite high.

Example: The house I just bought (3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 50 years old) was a shade under $300k - on 1/4 acre of land. And the taxes on the property are $7 grand a year. For a little more than a postage stamp. My car insurance alone (two newer vehicles) is almost $4000 a year (with not the worst driving records for me and the wife).

So it's a pricey place to live, and business have to charge more to survive.

But nonetheless - I can't believe for a second that it costs $300-$400 TOTAL to run that camp you were talking about. There must be costs you have not taken into account - lots of them.

~HH
I can vouch for this...HH lives in the town next to me...and taxes here are insane...as are insurance rates...its pathetic...

Originally posted by wesleysh If the place your in costs too much, MOVE! It's not hard, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Think about it this way...if the place you live has high prices, then it probably has higher wages too...so basically everything cancels out...
Unless of course, you listen to your parents and save 10% of your income...then shazam! living in SF makes sense...

b0mbrman you live in SF? im down in los gatos...and if you know about los gatos then you know about los gatos //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif its near san jose

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.