if i get an eternal battery

Participant count
  • Participant list
Looks like a group 47.

What alternator do you have? If it's stock, the battery is going to crap out on you sooner than later.

Typical battery life in passenger vehicles that I see every day is this:

Standard vented: 3 to 4 years. Possibly 5 if properly maintained

AGM: 5 to 6 years when maintined. Can still crap out earlier if abused, especially in marine applications.

The Kenetik is an AGM. If you run it with your stock battery too, it'll shorten its lifespan.

If you just have the stock alternator for th power you're running, it won't be able to keep up. You'll constantly be puling from the battery and it won't be able to fully charge and cycle correctly.

I'd give it a two year life expectancy. Three or four years if you kept it on a tender every night.

hey thanks for the respond! i was hoping at least 2 years to be honest! i have a stock alt with 110 amps running on a good battery. so if running on stock alt i should at least get 2 years out of it/.?

If you get an eternal battery, let me know first. It should last forever.

But on a serious note.. LTO batteries, the good ones, can extend cycle life to over 20,000 but you are paying for that life if you need the life.

hey thanks for the respond! i was hoping at least 2 years to be honest! i have a stock alt with 110 amps running on a good battery. so if running on stock alt i should at least get 2 years out of it/.?
Rougly two years, yes, but there are sooo many variables with battery maintenance

how do you maintain a battery? like clean the terminals? now that i think of it though if i did it every 2 years it would be pretty much adding up to a good alt x_x but i honestly dont know how long my car will last since the trans is going i dont wanna buy parts for a car that will just die and i cant move anything to the new car.

how do you maintain a battery? like clean the terminals? now that i think of it though if i did it every 2 years it would be pretty much adding up to a good alt x_x but i honestly dont know how long my car will last since the trans is going i dont wanna buy parts for a car that will just die and i cant move anything to the new car.
Why not get this fixed, before putting the audio in?

trans is in the grands and the labor would be a big hole in the wallet, just trying to ride it out. at least audio i can take it out and put it elsewhere rather than car parts its specifically for my car only.

Noooo.....

Like not draining it down super low, not letting it sit for extended periods of time un-tended, and trickle charging it regularly.

Why not get this fixed, before putting the audio in?
My transmission is going too, but $10k in audio comes first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Next is either rims/tires or a 4L80e transmission. Then it would be an 8.1L engine that I'd be saving up for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ekah

Senior VIP Member
ekah
hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from