5 channel amp vs multiple amps?

rugbeanz

so im installing 4 speakers and 2 subs in my car.

what are some pros and cons of a 5 channel amp to power all of them or a mono amp for the subs and a 4 channel amp for the speakers.

2x 6.5" @ 50 RMS 4 OHMS

2x 6x9" @ 60 RMS 4 OHMS

2x 12" kickers 150 RMS 4 OHMS

My suggestion is Massive Audio nx3 it's a 3 ch amp the sub ch alone puts out 800 rms which can be split to run two subs. I have this amp and brand new shipped to my door it was 150 bucks.

Running multiple amps depends upon your budget too if you have one.

Run a 5 channel

I love mine

The only reason to get a mono after a 5 channel is if you want more power

And even then you still have a 5 channel to use as a 4 channel!

i would only opt for the the 2 amp setup if you ever plan on upgrading by getting amps with a little more headroom on the wattage. However that's obviously gonna be more expensive than the 5 channel option. However if you're gonna stick with what you have than 5 channel is a very solid look

speaking of multi amps what about the shaker 1000 in a mustang it runs Four 4ohm mono amps for two 10" dual 4ohm subs, one amp per coil. what do you guys think of running the four amps in parallel or in series to power one sub? is that even posible? what would the ohms be? and could it power a dual 2 ohm sub that ive got laying around? dual 2ohms can be wired to 1ohm or 4ohm i think. i know this is a bit off topick but im new here and i couldnt figure out how to start a new thread:emb:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.