Ideas for porting through rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

NismoV240
10+ year member

So I has this idea in my head I'd like to try. I'll be working with a 12" RF P3. I'd like to build a box that will fit right under the rear deck of my sentra (2006), and have a port tube. Oming from the box into the cabin. I was going to make the box to have the sub firing downwards. I know the reccommended ported size box is 1.79 cubic feet, and a sealed is 1 cubic ft. My question is should I just build a 1 cubic foot box and pipe it up through the deck? Or how to I go about this? This will be my first box build. Any help would be great. Thanks.

not to hate, but i think it will be way more difficult than you are expecting. are you going to fiberglass a new rear deck? a 1 to 1.5 cube box would barely be big enough to reach up to the deck, in my car that is idk what you drive. theres a guy on here that did a build like this but with a way bigger box in the build logs u can look there. i just looked through the first 12 pages and didn't c it yet, but it seemed like it was getting close if i remember right it was in an old cadillac.

good luck

Yea this is a 2006 sentra spec V. It's more like build the box, then make a circle cutout and pipe up through the factory speaker hole in the rear deck into the car. Downward facing sub so I don't use to see a ugly grille, and can pack my trunk full when I need to without damaging sub. My main question is do I build the box to ported specs or sealed specs? Reason I ask is cause most ported boxes have rectangular ports instead of circular.

The point of a ported box is to have the rear wave of the sub come through the port and meet the front wave at a certain frequency, which increases the amplitude. If you channel the port into the cabin of the vehicle but block the sub out, it will not work the way you think unless you build a bandpass box.

Thanks chillin I had that feeling. I have a handles box ATM but its to shallow for the sub. Therefore it's junk. I need to build a new box and everything I've been reading is saying these P3's love ported boxes, not sealed. With that there is zero tolerance for error with a ported box. Sealed can be .75 - 1.25 cubic feet where as a ported is 1.79. For a first box build I would only trust myself with a sealed box. And I'm in no way going to dish out more for a box then I did the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.